TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vuce said:
I've got the same issue. I have an HR10 that is acting funky right now. I have the protection plan. But I also have the new dish already. If I call when/if the HR10 dies, will they just mail me a new one or will an installer have to come out to do a 3 minute job? When this happened two years ago they just mailed me one and I mailed the broken one back to them.
I'm in the same situation you are except 3LNB dish. Called D* on 8-18 and they scheduled a service call for tomorrow PM instead of sending a replacement unit. I will post the outcome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wonder what factors they consider before making the decision to send a replacement unit or schedule a service call (my situation)? My unit has a faulty HDMI output and suffers from frequent spontaneous reboots and occasional lockups/freezes & will not respond to remote commands.

·
Registered
65 Posts
cramer said:
The HDMI output is an easily replaced board.

The reboots and lookups might be fixable with a "Clear and Delete Everything" -- unless it's a bad drive. Sometimes things get screwed up following software updates. My HR10 was crashing several times a day prior to a C&DE. I'd give that a try before giving up on it completely.
Concerning repair of the HDMI board I have no intention of spending money on a unit that will have limited functionality in the near term. I have done the C&DE with some early success but the problems seem to be returning. I agree the unit could be used for OTA & SD in the long term but in my case that would be of limited value.

·
Registered
65 Posts
henryld said:
I'm in the same situation you are except 3LNB dish. Called D* on 8-18 and they scheduled a service call for tomorrow PM instead of sending a replacement unit. I will post the outcome.
Service tech came out (nearly 1 hour late) and replaced my HR10-250 with a new (not refurb) HR20-700. He insisted that he had to take the old unit and I didn't argue since the HDMI output was dead and I think the HD is going. He also left me a Slimline dish (not on the workorder) which I prefer to install myself; earned himself a nice tip. After he left I checked my account recent activity online and sure enough the new receiver is listed as leased. Will fight that battle later today; IIRC it requires a call to the card department to correct.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sir_winealot said:
So, your HR10 was an owned receiver ....and he took it with him? :confused:
The HR20-700 was supposed to be a replacement for my defective HR10-250 (owned) under the Protection Plan and as such should be listed as owned as well. As noted in my previous post I will fight that battle shortly. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
newsposter said:
I thought i read that people get to keep their dead units...or was that maybe someone without a protection plan?
Like you, I was surprised as well but did not really care one way or the other, considering the condition of my unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.