TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
newsshooterderek said:
I just used my Protection Plan to have my dead HR!0-250 replaced, however the Protection Plan people were unable to tell me what they would replace it with. Do you think they'll replace it with an HR10-250 or an HR20-700?
You will get a hr20-100 or a hr20-700, after it is installed you can call and request a new dish. Make sure they do not increase your commitment when you activate the replacement HR20. Units replaced under the Protection Plan are not supposed to add to the commitment.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Vuce said:
I've got the same issue. I have an HR10 that is acting funky right now. I have the protection plan. But I also have the new dish already. If I call when/if the HR10 dies, will they just mail me a new one or will an installer have to come out to do a 3 minute job? When this happened two years ago they just mailed me one and I mailed the broken one back to them.
the fed-ex'd mine and told me I did not have to return the HR10, was supposed to have a new dish installed last saturday but the "installer up and quit without mentioning it to anyone" - they are due out on 9/1 between 8 and 12 again

·
Registered
711 Posts
newsposter said:
i reread this thread and didnt see an answer:

has anyone 'replaced' Hdtivo with a hr20 and then gotten a free new 5lnb dish when you call and say, i cant see the new channels? (i dont care about a 2 yr commitment).

Also, when they do 'verify' that your unit is bad and will send you a new one, do they turn off the 'broken' unit right away?
Yes, had one of my HR10 go bad, they mailed a HR20 in it's place, wife hooked it up while I was in San diego, I called D* and talked to them, explained the situation and they upgraded my dish to a 5 LNB and installed the correct multi-switch at no charge.

·
Registered
711 Posts
IOTP said:
Here is a question... If you "own" your HR10-250, and paid $999 for it like I did, when you contact DTV, and say your HR10-250 is "acting up" will the HR20 they send you be a "leased" or "owned" unit??

Then the next question is, do they "ship" it or does the "directv repair guy" drop it off at the door?
1. the replaced ones where leased, I got to keep teh hr10's
2. they were drop shipped to me, had to call later to get a 5 lnb and switch installed at no cost

I do have the PP, no charge for shipping

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.