TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
caupton50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Premiere XL Series 4 THX model number TCD74800 w/lifetime. I have the AG0100 wifi adapter. I am about to put a (non wifi) tv in the bedroom. The tv has 4 hdmi ports plus ethernet port plus usb port. Is it possible to receive signals from my TIVO wirelessly to the non wifi tv? If it is possible is there a step by step instruction somewhere on how to do it? Or do I need to buy another TIVO for this tv? Thanks for any help.

·
caupton50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait...how many TV's are you trying to hook up?

There's been some wireless HDMI transmitters, but I sure wouldn't want one.

Plus, the cost is likely to be more than a Mini.

-KP
My new tv will hook up to my tivo via ethernet but the older tv, the bedroom tv, doesn't have anything. What is the AG0100 used for? I'm not familiar with the Mini. I don't know what it does but Ebay has them with lifetime for a little over $100. All I really want to do is just watch tv in the bedroom. I don't need a dvr in there. There is a cable connection in the wall where the tv will be going But I don't want to pay Comcast and arm and a leg for one of their HD cable boxes.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
A TiVo Mini is used to provide recording and live TV from your primary TiVo but you need a Premiere 4 tuner or newer (Roamio or Bolt) in your environment to serve as its host. I think the best solution would be to pick up a used Roamio Basic with lifetime, a MOCA adapter and a Mini and sell the Premiere. If you are happy with your Premiere, you could pick up a used Premiere 4-tuner with lifetime instead of the Roamio, a MOCA adapter and a Mini and again sell your original 2-tuner Premiere but that's a pretty old model at this point and if you have to spend money, you should try to move to a newer model with the benefits (like SkipMode and faster apps).

Scott

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
My new tv will hook up to my tivo via ethernet but the older tv, the bedroom tv, doesn't have anything. What is the AG0100 used for? I'm not familiar with the Mini. I don't know what it does but Ebay has them with lifetime for a little over $100. All I really want to do is just watch tv in the bedroom. I don't need a dvr in there. There is a cable connection in the wall where the tv will be going But I don't want to pay Comcast and arm and a leg for one of their HD cable boxes.
I hope you mean hdmi not ethernet the AG0100 is so your tivo will get internet access

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Here in VA with Comcast, it's the infamous ADO charge so $9.95 plus for us you would also get hit with the $10.00 HD technology fee. :) (of course only $2.50 of the ADO is for the STB itself since that's what they've determined the COE credit is).
Scott
I'm so glad I don't have Comcast. My feed wants $3 for a DTA (first is free) and $6 for an HD STB. No HD fee anymore.

·
caupton50
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems the easiest thing might be for me to but another Lifetime used TIVO and pay for the second smart card. Comcast will probably stick me with some crazy monthly charges if I buy a used STB. A DTA might work considering I only got basic limited cable, 30 channels.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
It seems the easiest thing might be for me to but another Lifetime used TIVO and pay for the second smart card. Comcast will probably stick me with some crazy monthly charges if I buy a used STB. A DTA might work considering I only got basic limited cable, 30 channels.
As mentioned above, they'll charge you $9.95 minus $2.50 for a second TiVo with CableCARD. Note that you can't buy an STB and use it with Comcast.

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.