TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I just replaced my cable modem and router and I'm pretty happy. I notice that every wi-fi device in my house connects at 5 Ghz....except my Tivo Premiere. (See picture).

Does the premiere have the ability to connect beyond 2.5 Ghz? Can I force it to connect at 5 Ghz?

Is it me...or is the Premiere limited to 2.5 Ghx? Thanks!

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,437 Posts
For the Premiere to do connect to 5G, it would need the appropriate adapter, a wireless 5G to ethernet adapter. The current old Tivo wireless adapter is 2.4GHz only (the USB one)

Reactions: Mr Tony

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
If 2.4 gig wifi is working, then don't fix it.
But if you must; what ThAbtO said.
Better would be to hard wire TiVo... I've never had problems since hard wiring TiVo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the Premiere to do connect to 5G, it would need the appropriate adapter, a wireless 5G to ethernet adapter. The current old Tivo wireless adapter is 2.4GHz only (the USB one)
This is the adapter I was/am using (pictured). I thought it was the latest. Is there no capability for 5G with this one?

Is there an adapter for the Premiere that you can/would suggest to get me a 5Ghz connection?

(Hardwiring is not an option.)

Thanks for your help!

Gadget Finger Musical instrument accessory Sunglasses Clock

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,437 Posts
The Tivo and Tivo wireless adapters were made pre-5G. Premiere is no longer Tivo supported. You don't need 5G speeds to get guide data. Neither does streaming unless its 4K, which Premiere don't support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts