TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Works great on an old Stream 4K, just bought another from Amazon, doesn’t work, later ordered one direct from TiVo, doesn’t work either. Just using the standalone app for now, hoping they will push an update soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The standard response seems to be it that it is not fully integrated YET. There is plenty of advertising material that indicates that it is. And, some people on this forum have reported that it works for them. Phone support will not provide any information about when or if there will be complete integration. The last time I did a chat with them, they told me that emails would be delivered when the integration is achieved. But I do not believe that. I was hoping it just would appear in an update to my device, but I have given up and removed mine.

· Registered
4 Posts
So I was able to get youtube tv to show up in My Services and the guide by removing my gmail account in the Tivo settings on Android TV and then adding it back in again. Magically everything showed up as soon as I did it.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
So I was able to get youtube tv to show up in My Services and the guide by removing my gmail account in the Tivo settings on Android TV and then adding it back in again. Magically everything showed up as soon as I did it.
Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. So frustrating with the two I got from Amazon last month and neither having YouTube TV as a My Service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am glad it worked for someone, but it did not work for me either. Same as before. I even got an email closing an open issue saying it was resolved..it was not. I do not know why I even bother to plug it in to the TV.

· Registered
14 Posts
Why is there no outrage about the problem with Youtube TV integration on the Stream 4k? Clearly TIVO believes it exists because they have instructions on how to add it. But Tech Support acknowledges that there are many Stream sticks that cannot do it and engineering has been working on a fix. TIVO had public announcements starting in April and advertising clearly crows about the integration, but it is not there for me. Apparently not for others as well. How hard can this be if some devices work and others do not? As a a TIVO user for many decades, I sure would like to see this fixed!!! I bought the Stream 4K to get my beloved TIVO interface for YTTV. Right now having the stick is no better than ROKU or Android TV for me.
Larry
I have four TiVo sticks and two had the YTTV integration from the start and two didn’t. The two that didn’t after I sent a request for the the latest TiVo app update got the integration. I messed one up by doing a hard reset and now back to square one with the old TiVo app UI and no YTTV in my services. Sent a request again for the update so hopefully I’ll get it. I think if you request the update you will eventually get it. Once that happens the device in my opinion is great! I have new Sony TVs with Google Tv and I like the TiVo Stream much better!

· Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought 4 Tive Stream devices. One is 700 miles away at a cabin so I can't check it but 1 of the 3 here at my house is working with YTTV showing in My Services and in the guide. It actually started working the day after I called TIVO support and complained. That might have just been a coincidence. Luckily that is the one in our living room where I needed it most. I waited a couple of weeks and the other two still were not showing up in My Services so I called TIVO support to complain about those two. They gave me the same standard line about a known issue they are working on. It has been 5 days and they still are not working so that blew my "calling support" theory.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have four TiVo sticks and two had the YTTV integration from the start and two didn’t. The two that didn’t after I sent a request for the the latest TiVo app update got the integration. I messed one up by doing a hard reset and now back to square one with the old TiVo app UI and no YTTV in my services. Sent a request again for the update so hopefully I’ll get it. I think if you request the update you will eventually get it. Once that happens the device in my opinion is great! I have new Sony TVs with Google Tv and I like the TiVo Stream much better!
When you say sent a request for TiVo app update, how did you do that?

· Registered
2 Posts
I have figured it out finally after hours and hours of working on it, but you will need a Tivo Stream 4k that has it working currently to accomplish this and a PC/laptop on the same network as the Tivo Stream 4k. You'll need to download ML Manager APK Extractor and File Manager TV USB OTG Cloud apps on the working Tivo from the app store. Open the APK Extractor app and go to the settings in upper left corner and set file extract folder to the "Download" folder of the tivo device. Then, go to bottom of screen and select System icon to display a list of all the system apks. You will need to extract the Android Health Service apk (com.tivo.sageservice_1.8.154-0.apk), and the Tivo Stream apk (com.tivo.atom_1.1.374-9.apk). Once those 2 files have been extracted to the downloads folder, open the File Manager TV USB OTG Cloud app and go to "Transfer to PC". This will give you an IP address to type in on your PC/laptop which will open a web file manager window where you can access the files on your Tivo Stream device. You'll want to download the two apk files to your PC that you extracted to the downloads folder. Once you have done that, you just need to go to your non-working Tivo device and install the File Manager TV USB OTG Cloud app as well. After installing app, go to settings first on the tivo device and go to "Apps -> Security & Restrictions -> Unknown Sources, and then allow AnExplorer the ability to install unknown sources. Open the File Manager TV USB OTG Cloud app and go to "Transfer to PC" and click start so it displays the IP address to access the non-working tv device from your PC/laptop. Once logged into the tivo device on PC/laptop, go to the 3 dots in upper left corner and click "upload". Upload both of the apk files you downloaded to your pc from the working Tivo device, one at a time. Once uploaded, navigate to each apk file on the non-working tivo using the File Manager app and click on them to install the updated versions of the apps on the non-working device. This should now allow you to see YouTube TV as an option in the "My Services" section of the Tivo Stream app! Hope this helps all of you who have a non-working device. It was driving me nuts, but I was bound and determined to find a fix and it finally worked after doing these steps!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts