I've only had my Edge for about 9 months, but the only issue @Rich113 described that I've experienced is 1), the sorting of saved shows in Season order, which I presume TiVo also considers as a feature rather than a bug. I don't like either, but at least it's easy to remedy simply by pressing the blue B button on the remote to change the sort to Date order.I have 2 Edges; one for two years now and one for a year. The hardware (made by Arris) has been rock solid on both (and on two minis as well). The software, by TIVO has and continues to be VERY annoying.
1) sorting saved shows in Season order when I want them in Date order (a well known problem still unsolved)
2) Tivo records shows I've never set to record. (Diane says that is a "feature" not a problem.)
3) Tivo sets up One Passes that I've never requested. I have to "clean things up" a couple of times a week.
4) Tivo deletes shows I have saved, repeatedly. Happens dozens of times a week. I'm running about 30% to 40% of my 2 TB. I watch for this and "undelete" them constantly.
5) Many recorded shows (maybe 1/3 of them) show a "bookmark" as if they have been partially or wholly watched when they have not yet been watched.
My wife and I are the only people in the house and she relies on me to operate the DVR for our mutual watching; there is no one else in the house.
Other than that, everything is fine. I'll go now and check whether anything was spuriously recorded or deleted last night.
On 2): Do you have TiVo Suggestions turned off? And are you sure that WishList Auto-Record is turned off? Either of those "features" can be disabled in settings.
On 4): Is it possible that these shows getting deleted are from a One Pass that has a limit on how many episodes to keep (the "Keep at most" setting)?
On 5): It may be that if one of the tuners is already set to the channel before a scheduled show is recorded, the TiVo acts as if it was being watched and sets the bookmark. Not that it should behave that way, but maybe that's what it's doing?