TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vintage 2015 Bolt. The service expired long ago and I’m considering resubscribing.

I want lifetime but that is above $500, out of my price range (and more than the price of 3 Tablo devices with unlimited guide access).

TiVo is offering subscriptions for the newer Bolt models at about half this price (~$250).

Why the huge difference in sub prices between the early and late models? Is there some feature of the early hardware that justifies the higher sub prices?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have a vintage 2015 Bolt. The service expired long ago and I'm considering resubscribing.

I want lifetime but that is above $500, out of my price range and more than the price of 3 Tablo devices with unlimited guide access.

TiVo is offering subscriptions for the newer Bolt models at about half this price (~$250).

Why the huge difference in sub prices between the early and late models? Is there some feature of the early hardware that justifies the higher sub prices?

Thanks.
Did you ask them about 'annual' subscription, 'month to month/no commitment' also? I believe there's very different subscriptions based on whether the Tivo is an OTA or a CableCARD device. If it's a CableCARD device I'd think most would advise against an 'ALL-IN'.

TSN of your box?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, monthly is $15, annual is $150. Again, the later model Bolts are about half these prices. Why?

TSN: 849000190
Some/most would suggest NOT posting a complete TSN but I didn't know that the later had lesser subscriptions. I believe I had been told that an OTA ONLY regardless of Tivo model is less than a CableCARD device.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Is there any way to delete a post?
Just edit it out!! Most users here are aware BUT I seriously doubt there's near the issues people believe! I edited before quoting your post!!

There is DELETE options in 'lower left' where edit & report are populated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.