TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has always been a minor problem once in a while but lately my TODO list is filled with dozens and dozens of shows I have a OnePass for but are not new.

And they don't go away either. If I don't cancel them THEY RECORD!
I am now spending ten minutes each day canceling episodes.

My ONEPASS is set for NEW only and the Tivo just seems to ignore that.

The worst channels are Motortrend, Discovery, History, and Oxygen - and that's most of the channels we watch.

God I wish there was an alternative to TIVO because I would jump on it in an instant.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
Look in the show data for the original airdate. The show info also matters, if its generic, then It gets recorded.

Just setting to NEW ONLY, not only get you new shows, but also shows with generic data/airdate.
You also need to set "Start from Season: " <anything except season 1> In the Onepass options. (I would set it to the last/highest season number, to only get the current shows.)
What this will do is, it eliminates the shows with generic data, and force it only record shows with proper guide data.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
This has always been a minor problem once in a while but lately my TODO list is filled with dozens and dozens of shows I have a OnePass for but are not new.

And they don't go away either. If I don't cancel them THEY RECORD!
I am now spending ten minutes each day canceling episodes.

My ONEPASS is set for NEW only and the Tivo just seems to ignore that.

The worst channels are Motortrend, Discovery, History, and Oxygen - and that's most of the channels we watch.

God I wish there was an alternative to TIVO because I would jump on it in an instant.
As TheAbtO indicated, generic guide data or bad Original Air Date information will cause this so you should take a look at those shows to see if that's what is happening. I see shows with generic data in the ToDo list generally beyond 7 days but at least for the shows that I record (including Motortrend) they resolve before the air date so they don't get recorded so I don't worry about them.

Scott

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Between TiVo and the Discovery family of channels, the guide data is total crap. Usually the guide data is mostly corrected before the air date, but not always. With the poor guide data, TiVo will err on the side of caution and record.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I understand all about air dates - none of the shows I posted have any air dates - the info is blank. They have no 'NEW' flag either.
And I WISH the Tivo would err on the side of caution but that's not true either - I constantly have shows with a 'NEW' flag but no air date that is does NOT record.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,628 Posts
I constantly have shows with a 'NEW' flag but no air date that is does NOT record.
Tivo does not use the NEW flag in any way other than to display it, it is not part of the "is it new or not" decision.

Reactions: jrtroo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.