TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
TTG is good for archiving any new Fox series so it can be watched in the summer only if the series doesn't get cancelled.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Jon1 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it easier to to just record the movies and TV shows on TiVo to begin with?
If everything was shown in the US I'd agree. Despite that there are times when you miss a show.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Jon1 said:
Well since I don't speak any other languages I guess that doesn't matter to me. Except for the British stuff I suppose...but reruns of Benny Hill are widely available in the States :p
Yes, mostly British. You won't however find Benny Hill on British TV, not since the 70's. I do vaguely remember it from my childhood though. I've always been amused that people think that Benny Hill typifies British humour. I don't know anyone British that finds it funny.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Jon1 said:
Well, I never thought Monte Python was funny...just plain dumb. IMHO the funniest show in the world is Curb Your Enthusiasm!
Monte Python is OK in parts but I guess the real difference is what people thought was funny 20 or 30 years ago is not what we find funny today.

·
Registered
984 Posts
samo said:
Yes, it did to me. I have been using SA DVD recorder with my SA TiVo, DishPVR and now with R10 and R15. Works great except for SA TiVo, but even with SA TiVo quality is quite acceptable. Never figured why would anybody want to use TTG compare to DVD recorder that you can get now days for under $100. Your time to transfer show is about the same or faster and after you got it on DVD (that cost you under 50 cents now days) you can do whatever you want with it. If your recorder is +RW you can even edit out commercials right on DVD recorder or if you want to do fancier editing you can do it right on disk with something like Ullead software. Or just transfer whole thing to PC if you like. Watch it on big screen or laptop from DVD, dump it to any other device, whatever. One of my TiVos is series 1 and video transfer method not allowed to be discussed on this board was available for years, but I never bothered with it - it is so easy and convenient to just record to SA that alternative didn't make any sense to me. On my series 2 I never activated network or HMO feature because for a life of me I can't figure out why would I want to listen to the music on my TV or what is wrong to have all of my photos on DVD and use DVD player to watch them on TV if I wanted to do that.
But now that you have read all this thread have you have realized that TTG is in fact more than simply DVD recording and that many people consider that to be the least important feature available to it. If all you could do was DVD record then maybe people wouldn't use TTG.

Also don't forget there ar no DVD recorders less than $100 that allow you to edit the source before burning the disk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.