TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,119 Posts
Are you linked to telephone updates?

As I recall, when I was linked to telephone updates, not only did TiVo use the phone for updating, but, at weird times (I think in the middle-of-the-night) it would switch to QVC to do some sort of housekeeping ad they used QVC for that purpose. Like you, I found it annoying as I, too, blocked out QVC!

This time around, I'm on Wireless, so that hasn't happened.

Perhaps someone else will chime in with more details.

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,119 Posts
Mick, I'm not sure exactly what it is you're objecting to.

Are you saying TiVo no longer goes to certain Channels for housekeeping or any other purposes? Or are you objecting to my saying there could be a relationship between telephone and/or WiFi and its going to QVC?

FWIW, I no longer find my channel changed to QVC now that I'm on WiFi but I haven't researched why. I have simply been grateful.

Perhaps you could give us a better idea about what is happening as you are more technologically up-to-date. And do forgive me if I have not recalled accurately that Tivo changes (or used to) channels during down time.

I am eager for your wisdom and knowledge in this matter, as your input is usually on-point.

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,119 Posts
infinitespecter said:
Thanks for attempting to help, but what you are referring to is that TiVo paid program, right? That's usually on the Discovery channel out here. This is in the middle of the day for a few minutes, and it's highly, highly annoying. The unit becomes totally inoperable during these times and cancels everything that was recording.
Hey, Senator :D , that could be. It was a few years ago, and I only vaguely remember (I do recall it was annoying, but I let go of details of annoyances asap). So, I had hoped some others would chime in here with a clearer explanation.

Sorry I wasn't of more help!

M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.