TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Here's Julia!!
224 Posts
naybag said:
OK, So I have a 32in HDTV with a HD digital cable box. I am watching ABCHD channel, and still have a letterbox view. What am I missing? Is this normal?
Not all programs on HD channels are HD...what program are you trying to watch?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pdawg17 said:
Not all programs on HD channels are HD...what program are you trying to watch?
At the moment, I am trying to watch the Washington v Tampa Bay football game. And I have the horizontal bars along the top and bottom. I should note that the picture quality is excellent, just can't get rid of the bars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am seeing the Redskins in proper 16:9 mode. It appears that your local affiliate is sending the game out down-converted to a 4:3 image. Do other HD broadcasts look correct?

It is certainly annoying, but not at all uncommon. At least in my city, HDTV is very much a work in progress.

Brian

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BGLeduc said:
I am seeing the Redskins in proper 16:9 mode. It appears that your local affiliate is sending the game out down-converted to a 4:3 image. Do other HD broadcasts look correct?

It is certainly annoying, but not at all uncommon. At least in my city, HDTV is very much a work in progress.

Brian
Thanks. This is helpful. I have seen only a couple of channels in full screen before. At the moment, all but one channel (WJLAHD) have the letterboxes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.