TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· TiVo Lover
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why haven't they discontinued streaming via the Premiere yet? I tried loading Netflix just now and it took 2 and a half minutes to load a show. The streaming plays smoothly, but I'm pretty surprised that they haven't discontinued the app and any other ones if they're so slow. You can't use Hulu on the TiVo anymore either.

· Registered
New to TiVo...
3 Posts
Why haven't they discontinued streaming via the Premiere yet? I tried loading Netflix just now and it took 2 and a half minutes to load a show. The streaming plays smoothly, but I'm pretty surprised that they haven't discontinued the app and any other ones if they're so slow. You can't use Hulu on the TiVo anymore either.
YouTube is super slow on the Premiere. In my experience, it took like 30 seconds to get from one button to the next. Those poor Premieres can't handle modern streaming apps. Either that or no one's bothering to optimize 'em for these 13-year-old machines.

· wait.. I did what?
15,510 Posts
The slowness might cause customers to contact support.
Outsourced Customer Support is so cheap they don't care, it's also why they don't care about the quality of that support, not kidding, it's that inexpensive

Reactions: SprintDrive

· Registered
25,607 Posts
yeah, I used to switch inputs to my AppleTV when I wanted to use something like that.. nowadays, my TV has fairly decent apps (except no Roku+ or whatever it's called so I can watch that Weird Al mockumentary some eon.. will prob watch via AppleTV at some point).. oh, and no AMC+ app on my TV either (to use the last couple of days of the dirt cheap year subscription I got to catch up on Halt and Catch Fire.. though I have the last couple of eps on my TiVo still if absolutely necessary.)

But having new episodes show up and be able to delete them after watching them from streaming is a good feature, and I'd use it more IF the apps actually launched reasonably quickly.

Heck, I'd probably put up with the slowness IF the actual experience once you were in them was MUCH closer to actual TiVo UI (plus a bit of added delay due to streaming)... e.g. FF/rewind/skip forward/skip back, etc., acting like a Tivo..

· Registered
25,607 Posts
The only reason to stream from a Premiere is to record the programming on a Series 2 Tivo and then transfer the recording back to the Premiere to watch.
No, they don't mean that kind of streaming. They mean using streaming apps built into the Tivo.

(I do the streaming you mention ALL the time between my P4 and Roamio Pro.. and even bought a Tivo Mini to use in my living room so I wouldn't have to get another cable outlet and so I could have the 'same' UI on both TVs.. (instead of P4 on one TV and Roamio Pro on another.. they're similar but different enough that it was worth it to buy a used mini.
Heck, I use kmttg most often to "deal with" things on the P4.. e.g. clean up To Do items, sometimes un-select channels, etc..)

· Registered
105 Posts
No, they don't mean that kind of streaming. They mean using streaming apps built into the Tivo.

(I do the streaming you mention ALL the time between my P4 and Roamio Pro.. and even bought a Tivo Mini to use in my living room so I wouldn't have to get another cable outlet and so I could have the 'same' UI on both TVs.. (instead of P4 on one TV and Roamio Pro on another.. they're similar but different enough that it was worth it to buy a used mini.
Heck, I use kmttg most often to "deal with" things on the P4.. e.g. clean up To Do items, sometimes un-select channels, etc..)
No, I mean you can connect the composite output from a premiere to the composite input of a series 2 and record shows that you stream from the premiere online to the series 2. I recorded some shows from hulu a couple years ago to try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts