TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is an obvious one, but I could not find it.

If Tivo is for time shifting why does a wishlist like "Action Movies" have to show me every single time that a move is on ? I really don't need to know that "Rambo" [just and example] is on 5 times a day. Just show it to me once. Tivo can sort out any tuner conflicts. The wishlist returns 200 results and every 5th one is a duplicate. This way I only really see what is on for the next 2 days instead of 14 days. (this was much worse when I had DirecTivo because of all the PPV's that were in the normal listing 195 PPV's and 5 shows on "broadcast")

I want to just load up my DVR todo list with shows I want to watch sometime in the future. I really don't care if they are on today or a week from today.

I've tried suggestions, but I get more junk than I want. You can only spank TiVo so many times before you get bored and turn the feature it off.

Any tips welcome. I find myself watching Comcast OnDemand more than my Tivo these days for movies. I'm really just using my Tivo for TV series.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see your point, but it would be nice to have a way to do both. To me the point of Tivo is to be free of time contraints of what is on when. I know that Tivo will get me the shows I want eventually. Again I care more about what is on vs. when it is on. I just want to have a nice selection pre-recorded when I actually do find the time to watch.

I was wishing that someone would have a trick or undocumented featuer to tell the wish list to sort alphabetically or by rating or at least ignore duplicates so every 5th show is not a repeat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seasons pass is only if I already know what I want to watch. AutoRecord Wishlist does not work for this topic either, as you get too much junk.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I guess there is not a way to use Tivo for this feature in the way I would prefer.

Some analogies might be.

Going to the Video Store walking to the SciFi Isle and walking down it until I see something interesting to me. I don't want to see every copy of "xxxxxx" that they have in stock, just one box. I also don't want to rent them all (autorecord) in case I want to watch one later. I want to fill my cart with about 10 of them that are coming up in the next 2 weeks out of the 1000 that are available.

Netflix is sort of like this example as well.

Now that I think about it......

Tivo (at least Direct Tivo) used to have a feature called showcases that did exactly what I wanted. It would list (only once) the top 20 SciFi movies coming up in two weeks. I could quickly scroll through the showcases in the catagories I wanted and then pick a few to record.

Oh Well, I must be in the minority in the way I want to fill up my Tivo.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the tips. Does not look like there are magic codes for this one. I will (when time permits post a suggestion for a feature improvment. Or start a campaign to get showcases back the way they used to be. I have to assume this was all automatically generated as well, I don't know why they changed it to a place to hold ads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.