TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I'm looking to replace a functioning Premiere Elite model with one that will support UE4 so I can standardize my UIs in my home. The VOX remote will be nice to use, as well on all the units.

I keep hearing that the Roamios are more stable and better built than the BOLT or EDGE units. I have a Roamio Pro and it's been relatively trouble-free (no random rebooting, etc.) which I can't say for my Premiere Elite model. But, is there any real data that indicates the Roamio units are more reliable than another newer models?
The HDR and 4K of the Bolt/Edge are inviting- but not essential to my use.
The main advantage for a Roamio or greater model is that you can install a new hard drive and the Tivo will format it and start working. For the premiere you have to use special software and hook up the hard drive to a PC to replace. You might be able to revive your Premiere with a new hard drive. Bolts that can use OTA or Cable are more common and offer greater flexibility for service providers. You can manually add a cable card bracket to a Roamio OTA to use for cable. The Bolt and the Roamio OTA have external power bricks that are easier to replace than the cable only Roamio internal power supplies. The hard drive on the Cable only Bolt has a high failure rate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts