TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of times I go to find a program in the Recently Deleted List and it isn't there.
This happens some times even when I have only recently deleted it.
I'm confused as to why some programs are in the RDL and some aren't.
I have the TiVo expander and it currently has about 180 programs in the RDL.
I thought that this would allow it to store nearly everything I delete for much longer.
Or at least store every program that I delete for some time.
What's the heads up on this.

·
what ru lookin at?
10,926 Posts
I don't know for sure, but it could be because of the record date.
My theory...older programs are deleted first.
Consider this. Program A was recorded a month ago while program B was recorded last week. You watch program B and delete it. Later, you watch program A and delete it. Conventional logic would assume that program B would be erased first since it was deleted before program A.
But, since program A had an older record date, it was erased first.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I inferred in my OP, it is completely random.
There are programs in the RD that are 4 MONTHS old. And again, it happened today. A program that I have just deleted aint in the RD.
I really would appreciate an answer from some one who can definitively clarify why this happens.

·
Registered
17,556 Posts
As I inferred in my OP, it is completely random.
There are programs in the RD that are 4 MONTHS old. And again, it happened today. A program that I have just deleted aint in the RD.
I really would appreciate an answer from some one who can definitively clarify why this happens.
Just wondering. How long ago had you recorded the program you'd just deleted?

Was it from today, or was it from six months ago? (I'm wondering if date of original recording might affect something; but that's really a random guess)

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RD folder acts just like the NPL. Oldest recordings are deleted first.
G'day WhiskeyTango and Jonathon-S. Thanks for trying to help.:up: But what you have suggested is not what's happening to some of my program deletions.
As I have said, some programs that I may have only recorded a few days before and then watched and deleted them are not stored in my RD list, as are some programs that I have watched and deleted many months ago.
I'm wondering if it is an Australian Tivo glitch.
But I have no way of contacting Tivo Australia by phone because they don't let us talk to them what so ever. Which is deplorable but TRUE,:down::mad::(
And trying to get them to just simply answer an email is a back and forth saga that ends in frustration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.