TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiVo Ambassador contest

I don't really know how to make a video nor do I have the equipment, so I haven't entered. But they keep e-mailing me about it because I've referred a bunch of people -- I guess that meets their minimum requirements.

I wish the contest didn't require filmmaking skills. :eek: Then again, maybe that's the kind of marketing skills they want in a TiVo Ambassador! :D

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
yep, that and the time to do it. Since TiVo will want your time to do ambassador type stuff and most likely put you in showcases and so forth it was a logical requirement but it stopped me from trying as it should have since time to travel isa big factor for me.

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZeoTiVo said:
yep, that and the time to do it. Since TiVo will want your time to do ambassador type stuff and most likely put you in showcases and so forth it was a logical requirement but it stopped me from trying as it should have since time to travel isa big factor for me.
I'm not really sure what the legal ramifications are, either... the lawyers here at work would want to scrutinize the contract, I'll bet.

·
Custom User Title
2,263 Posts
I'd like to be an Ambassador. I love TiVo. But I am finishing up college so I feel that they should go with someone with more ambassadorial experience. Although, I wouldn't mind interning at TiVoWorld during the summer. (TiVoWorld....think about it...the next gen's Disney...interactive style ~ just remember who gave you the idea)

·
Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)
1,555 Posts
I keep getting that email, too! I'm pretty sure TiVo employees can't apply..........hmmm, gonna have to go have a chat with Shanan now........

·
News/Deal Junkie
1,903 Posts
Same deal. Lots of emails received. I think they're hoping for more entries. I sent some quick feedback that they might do better if they added some runner-up prizes.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but taking an hour to shoot and import and edit a video is a tought sell for the chance at a single prize. Not that I don't appreciate the offer, but that's what it comes down to for me.

·
The TiVo Spokesgal
306 Posts
I WISH TiVo employees could apply. ;)

I.
Want.
That.
Car.

Hey--parking in San Fran would be soooo much easier.

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TiVoShanan said:

I.
Want.
That.
Car.

Make me a 3-minute movie, write me a letter of recommendation, I'll win, and I'll give you the car but I'm keeping the cash. :p ;)

It is a cool-looking car!!!

·
Series 3
32,167 Posts
TiVoShanan said:

I.
Want.
That.
Car.

No it wouldn't.
I know for a fact that parking in San Francisco is a myth. ;)

I was behind a mini the other day and it really didn't seem that much smaller than my car.

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JYoung said:
I was behind a mini the other day and it really didn't seem that much smaller than my car.
But this is a special TiVo Mini. I think the amount of parking space that the TiVo Mini takes up depends on whether you're using it at Basic, Medium, High, or Best Quality. :D

·
Series 3
32,167 Posts
JustAllie said:
But this is a special TiVo Mini. I think the amount of parking space that the TiVo Mini takes up depends on whether you're using it at Basic, Medium, High, or Best Quality. :D
But those compression artifacts are a real problem at basic or medium.

SueAnn said:
<evil laugh> I've got a videocamera ... how much money is a movie starring TivoShanan and JustAllie worth?
(pulls out wallet)

20... 40......

·
Number crunchin'
38,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JYoung said:
But those compression artifacts are a real problem at basic or medium.
Man, tell me about it. I saw some guy try to park his car at Basic on a crowded street and this is what happened to his car. :eek:

;)

·
Super Moderator
58,127 Posts
I keep getting these too. However I don't really have the motivation to shoot a video and bug someone to write me a letter of recommendation just for the chance to win. Plus I'm not sure I'd be able to get the time off work to fulfil my obligations even if by some fluke I did win.

Dan

·
witless and unarmed
16,554 Posts
Well, I'm a loser with too much time, so I've got my video and my recommendation and I just have to write my essay and mail it in. I will be thrilled to get the money and car if I win but mortified to have my lame video end up on a TiVo showcase.

·
The TiVo Spokesgal
306 Posts
JustAllie said:
Make me a 3-minute movie, write me a letter of recommendation, I'll win, and I'll give you the car but I'm keeping the cash. :p ;)

It is a cool-looking car!!!
DEAL!

[Allie & Shanan huddle offline to talk more...]

:D

;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts