TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like my harmony remote, but have not been able to figure out how to program a "Resume Play" macro, like others are doing on the MX-900s. I have posted several inquiries into such. No one has ever responded, and am assuming such is not possible with harmony remotes.

FYI - MX-900 users program "Resume Play" macro using List + Play.

·
.:. Hello .:.
113 Posts
I've read elsewhere that you can create macros on the harmony by putting it in learning mode and then hitting the necessary keys on the tivo remote. I've not tried this on my 880, but I've heard that it works.

YMMV since the tivo remote doesn't have a list button, and I'm not sure if tivo-tivo-play will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
drew00001 said:
I like my harmony remote, but have not been able to figure out how to program a "Resume Play" macro, like others are doing on the MX-900s. I have posted several inquiries into such. No one has ever responded, and am assuming such is not possible with harmony remotes.

FYI - MX-900 users program "Resume Play" macro using List + Play.
This won't work if you have groups turned on and the show that you were watching is inside a folder, right? Won't you have to do List + Select + Play?

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Smirks said:
I've read elsewhere that you can create macros on the harmony by putting it in learning mode and then hitting the necessary keys on the tivo remote. I've not tried this on my 880, but I've heard that it works.

YMMV since the tivo remote doesn't have a list button, and I'm not sure if tivo-tivo-play will work.
I believe you can call their 800 number and they will create whatever macro you want on their end and then download it to you next time you sync the remote.

(dont hold me to it but that's the gist I get)

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
jmpage2 said:
Actually don't let that put you off. I got a bad button on my 880 right at the one year mark. Not only did Logitech technical support (real live human) offer to replace it, they sent me a brand new, sealed in the box, unit sent via Fedex.

Customer service doesn't get much better than that.
I had one go bad and I too got a brand new remote sealed in a retail box fedex'd to me. I was shocked it wasn't a refurb or even just a plain remote sans charger and all that in an OEM box.

·
Registered
311 Posts
MichaelK said:
I believe you can call their 800 number and they will create whatever macro you want on their end and then download it to you next time you sync the remote.

This would be great. I will give this a try and report back.

·
Registered
311 Posts
MichaelK said:

I gave Harmony/Logitech's tech support a call, and was instructed how to create a macro. They have a new tool to create macros, it's called "create sequence."

I had to download new software, but otherwise was fairly simple . . . just hit Activities/Customize Buttons/Add Sequence & enter commands needed for macro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OP, I just made the move from the hr10-250 D*Tivo to the S3 and was surprised there's no list button. The LEFT ARROW button on top takes you to the last Tivo menu you were on. If that was Now Playing, then that left arrow button with one press will take you to the NPL. This is how I do it now. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hate to continue the threadjack here...but....

Does anyone have a permanent solution for getting the Harmony 880 to charge when on the base? I have to put a candle holder on top of it as some weight to get the contacts to work. (and yes, I have cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner.).

FYI - For those with multiple TIVO's, you can do them on the Harmony as well. I just set mine up this weekend.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,003 Posts
jmpage2 said:
+++

:up:

and, as previously mentioned, the NPL button is already in the Harmony database; it's called "List" (duh)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
JonHB said:

Does anyone have a permanent solution for getting the Harmony 880 to charge when on the base? I have to put a candle holder on top of it as some weight to get the contacts to work. (and yes, I have cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner.).

FYI - For those with multiple TIVO's, you can do them on the Harmony as well. I just set mine up this weekend.
Neither of the two I've owned have behaved that way. If you can't bend the contacts out a bit then call Logitech and ask to have it replaced.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine doesnt charge on the base right away, i have to put it on there and get the exact spot. i can call logitech and get the base replaced, but i think i have the base positioned correctly so it charges all the time. its ghetto, but it works :)

anyway, the harmony 880 is by far the best remote for home theatre stuff imo. check out remoteshoppe.com he has some great reviews of remotes on there.

- Jon

·
Registered
8 Posts
JonHB said:

Logitech replaced my base for free, I had the same problem. I actually got an email from amazon saying a bunch were sold with that issue, and to call logitech.

·
Back on the wagon
386 Posts
nick58b said:
Logitech replaced my base for free, I had the same problem. I actually got an email from amazon saying a bunch were sold with that issue, and to call logitech.
I think I'll end up doing this too. When I first purchased the 880 (it has to have been 2 1/2 years ago by now) the charging was flawless. Now, it continues to hold a charge ok but as others have said, you have to line it up just right and listen for the "I'm charging" beep and screen saver. Might as well call while the problems' not too severe and see what can be done.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.