TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
MichaelK said:
only thing better then the 880 I own is the 890- no need to actually point maintain line of sight till everything 'snaps to order'...
Yes, I'd like the 890, bit out of my price range though for something that can be ruined if I spill a coke on it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
bkane said:
You can buy a DirecTiVo remote from Weaknees and they are a bit cheaper than the Harmonys.
Well, they also can't run your entire home theater system. It's hard to appreciate the benefit of having a single remote in your living room that actually runs everything painlessly without experiencing it for yourself.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
bkane said:
Yeah. I know. I was a big fan of Harmony before they got bought by Logitech. Had a super early model that was awesome but didnt do everything. They are still awesome just haven't gotten a new one.
Actually don't let that put you off. I got a bad button on my 880 right at the one year mark. Not only did Logitech technical support (real live human) offer to replace it, they sent me a brand new, sealed in the box, unit sent via Fedex.

Customer service doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
JonHB said:
I hate to continue the threadjack here...but....

Does anyone have a permanent solution for getting the Harmony 880 to charge when on the base? I have to put a candle holder on top of it as some weight to get the contacts to work. (and yes, I have cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner.).

FYI - For those with multiple TIVO's, you can do them on the Harmony as well. I just set mine up this weekend.
Neither of the two I've owned have behaved that way. If you can't bend the contacts out a bit then call Logitech and ask to have it replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.