TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Tivo-riffic!
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The single most frequently used button on my old DirecTivo is my "list" button that takes me directly to the Now Playing List from any screen (or embedded in the Now Playing List)

Is there some button I'm missing on the TivoHD remote that does this? And if not, can I get it somehow? Obviously I'll readjust if I have to, but I'd prefer not.

Until then, I guess I'll just keep pushing the "aspect" button and wonder why it doesn't do what I expect it to do. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
I liked to use it on my Sony Series 1 Tivo too, but it's not on the Tivo remotes. But, you can do the same thing by pressing the Tivo button twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
You can use your old DirecTiVo remote on the TiVo HD and then you will be able to use the List button. It is my favorite button also and I could never live without it. I am using a DirecTiVo HR10 remote with my TiVo HD.
 

·
Tivo-riffic!
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jbernardis said:
I always just use the tivo-tivo shortcut to get to the NPL
Ooooo. That's very nice. One extra button push isn't that bad. I just don't like having to push two separate buttons.
 

·
Tivo-riffic!
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bkane said:
You can use your old DirecTiVo remote on the TiVo HD and then you will be able to use the List button. It is my favorite button also and I could never live without it. I am using a DirecTiVo HR10 remote with my TiVo HD.
Interesting. I wonder what I'm giving up, but maybe nothing. I'll look at the two and see.

Eventually, however, I'd like to sell the DirecTivos and along with them go the remotes. Someone's gotta want a few upgraded, hacked DirecTivos with remotes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
yeah, harmony has that button programmed.

Or if you have another programmable remote, take your Series 1 remote and program a key to duplicate the List button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
blhirsch said:
I think I need to get me a Harmony. Best of both worlds, no?
The Harmony 880 is one of the best home theater purchases I have ever made, and I've been through a helluva lot of remote controls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,308 Posts
jmpage2 said:
The Harmony 880 is one of the best home theater purchases I have ever made, and I've been through a helluva lot of remote controls.
only thing better then the 880 I own is the 890- no need to actually point maintain line of sight till everything 'snaps to order'...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
MichaelK said:
only thing better then the 880 I own is the 890- no need to actually point maintain line of sight till everything 'snaps to order'...
Yes, I'd like the 890, bit out of my price range though for something that can be ruined if I spill a coke on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
blhirsch said:
Interesting. I wonder what I'm giving up, but maybe nothing. I'll look at the two and see.

Eventually, however, I'd like to sell the DirecTivos and along with them go the remotes. Someone's gotta want a few upgraded, hacked DirecTivos with remotes.
You can buy a DirecTiVo remote from Weaknees and they are a bit cheaper than the Harmonys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
bkane said:
You can buy a DirecTiVo remote from Weaknees and they are a bit cheaper than the Harmonys.
Well, they also can't run your entire home theater system. It's hard to appreciate the benefit of having a single remote in your living room that actually runs everything painlessly without experiencing it for yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
jmpage2 said:
Well, they also can't run your entire home theater system. It's hard to appreciate the benefit of having a single remote in your living room that actually runs everything painlessly without experiencing it for yourself.
Yeah. I know. I was a big fan of Harmony before they got bought by Logitech. Had a super early model that was awesome but didnt do everything. They are still awesome just haven't gotten a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I'm a Universal Remote guy. I love my MX-800.

Now I can't decide between an MX-850 and one of their MX-900 series.

They have me hooked!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
bkane said:
Yeah. I know. I was a big fan of Harmony before they got bought by Logitech. Had a super early model that was awesome but didnt do everything. They are still awesome just haven't gotten a new one.
Actually don't let that put you off. I got a bad button on my 880 right at the one year mark. Not only did Logitech technical support (real live human) offer to replace it, they sent me a brand new, sealed in the box, unit sent via Fedex.

Customer service doesn't get much better than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
jmpage2 said:
Actually don't let that put you off. I got a bad button on my 880 right at the one year mark. Not only did Logitech technical support (real live human) offer to replace it, they sent me a brand new, sealed in the box, unit sent via Fedex.

Customer service doesn't get much better than that.
Wow. Thats pretty good. How long does the warranty last? Just that one year or more?
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top