TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Actually...

From the HD point of view... Chicago counts as the middle of Nowhere.
I have all 4 HD feeds from New York.

But the reason is because all 4 of our main networks are Owned and Operated by the networks.

· Charlie
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HiDefGator said:
Perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way. Instead of looking for the middle of no where, try using any address in New York city. You will get all 4 HD networks.
Thanks. I asked the question in that way to see where one would like to also recive the PBS feed.

I do appreciate the response.

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Really?

Where in Chicago are you? Far North Burbs? Where you could cross into the Milwaulkee range?

Try sending a email to Customer Service and say....

FOX Chicago is an O&O station, per the press releases it states that those in an O&O area would recieve the NY feeds. Currently my system doesn't have access to them, what do I need to do to activate them.

That is basically what I sent a year or so ago and they turned on later that day (both ABC and FOX). Granted this was before the recent crack down in waivers though...

Worth a shot.

Also... The signals in Chicago are very good (with the exception of CBS), I get them all and I am about 35 miles from the broadcast towers. Any reason why you can't use an OTA signal?

WTTW is one of the strongest ones we get, and we can also pickup a few of Indiana's PBS stations.

· Wow Tivo is the best
10 Posts
SeattleCarl said:
The closest I've been to the middle of nowhere is the 4-corners monument. You can be in 4 states at the same time, yet you really are absolutely right smackdab in the middle of nowhere.

Carl
The middle of nowhere i have seen is in upper montana....they get all the distant networks in SD and HD...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.