TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 731 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
I had that issue last year, and tried to fix it myself... I bricked my TiVo HD... Make sure you call tech support and let them know whats going on before you try to do anything.

· Registered
14 Posts
I know rebooting it will fix it but why cant tivo just fix the the problem. I think its becouse of the tuning adaptor.
Program info download depends on a stable network connection. The TiVo can't fix your network when its down. 9 times out of 10, your TiVo will automatically connect just fine and download the latest program info. However, if it just so happens that your network is down when the TiVo automatically connects, you'd get the error that you're getting.

Like earlier folks have said, just manually force a connection and all should be well, assuming no problems with your network.

· Registered
146 Posts
Just started getting this problem today. Status showed successful connection earlier this morning. Forced a connection and I watched it succeed. It still shows the message. I'll force a reboot when we don't have something recording and see if that helps.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Indexing of the updated guide data will take several hours, so a successful connection that got the latest and greatest guide will take several hours for that warning to disappear. If you're lucky the warning will actually start increasing the date.

· Registered
105 Posts
Like earlier folks have said, just manually force a connection and all should be well, assuming no problems with your network.
This is not necessarily true. Once a year or so, my S3 will get into a mode where it will not connect to the TiVo central server, even if I tell it to do so manually. I don't have to reboot the S3 to get things to work again, but I have to run through Network Setup (or whatever it's called - the menu option that allows you to select an available wireless network and enter its password). Once I do that, I'm good to go.

1 - 20 of 731 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.