TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
morgantown said:
Things have certainly eroded, but not bad enough to go to cable. Let's hope Rupert's deep pockets can add something to DirecTV versus us just adding to his deep pockets.
Yep, I agree with your analogy. But, Rupert knows what his competition is. He's going to push us to the edge of tolerance, knowing that he needs to stay just short of the line where we will all start switching to E* or cable.

I've seen SD E* channels on an HDTV; still worse than D*, but D* is closing the gap for sure!

·
Registered
91 Posts
newsposter said:
It sucks when an uneducated population buys in the mpeg4 thing and then when it's all hooked up they realize no WB and UPN and PBS! Let's be serious, who reads the fine print in the literature besides us tivo-heads? :) All most people probably see is 'locals in hi def!!!"<snip>
I have to explain over and over and over again that DIGITAL does not necessarily equate to QUALITY. I try to explain bandwidth to my friends, but to no avail. If I had a dime for every time I heard someone say, "but it's digital..."; usually when talking about digital cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.