TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree with ADent - when Murdock bought 'em is the day they started really going down hill. When I originally subscribed, they were the technology leader - better picture than cable, more variety than cable, more innovation in services *and* cheaper than cable. Over the last few years, nearly every advantage they had has been erroded away - including, with this latest rumored price increase, price. I still see no specific reason to actually switch away, but now, when someone asks why they should select DTV over cable, I just don't have much to say...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hersheytx said:
Funny how Murdock has only had Directv now for a bit over 1 year.

I think you are confusing Murdock with the inability of Directv to do anything for almost 18 months when Charlie (Dish) was trying to buy them. That was when Cable began to take steps to pass Directv.
You make a valid point here - some of the things I don't like about DTV have a history that goes back before Murdock. Let me rephrase then - it seems to be going down hill at a much accelerated rate since he bought the company. My feeling, without actually looking anything up ;) is that things started to flake out about the time GM started shopping around to sell - I guess I made the connection "shopping around = Rupert = no so great changes". But I still think Mudock is damaging the company. Everything the man touches gets tacky - just look at TV Guide if you need proof, all they need is to go to an all black and white format and they can give The Weekly World News a run for thier money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.