• 4 -- Rebecca, bar again owned by Sam

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • 5 -- "Cheers"?

Votes: 11 5.1%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Connoisseur
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately we've been enjoying the early Cheers reruns on Nick at Night. It made me think about how the show had several eras. I'm not sure which is my favorite, as I enjoy aspects of each.

What's your favorite Cheers era?

(Poll coming...)

· Registered
6,657 Posts
I didn't like Diane at all, so that knocks out the first two eras. I started to slack off watching the show in the last era so I guess the Rebecca/corporate era gets my vote.

Hey can't pass up another opportunity to post my favorite Kirstie Alley photo (Obligatory in any Cheers or fat actresses thread.) Now did Shelley ever look this good?

· Registered
9,683 Posts
I don't think I can pick a favorite. With all the changes, the show managed to stay fresh for so long.

My least favorite is the year (Season 10, I think) that Sam and Rebecca tried to have a baby. There were some good episodes that year, but that storyline just didn't work for me.

· Again with shoelaces
1,333 Posts
I struggled with the Coach/Woody decision and went with Woody. The Sam and Diane dynamic was just unbeatable. There was real passion in that relationship. Sam and Rebecca never came close to that.

I'll say I always hoped they would end up together. Broke my heart a bit that they couldn't work it out.

· Welcome Home, Jimmy!
5,729 Posts
appleye1 said:
I didn't like Diane at all, so that knocks out the first two eras. I started to slack off watching the show in the last era so I guess the Rebecca/corporate era gets my vote.

Hey can't pass up another opportunity to post my favorite Kirstie Alley photo (Obligatory in any Cheers or fat actresses thread.) Now did Shelley ever look this good?

that looks like Howard Stern in drag. I've never been a fan of Kirstie Allie so I voted for Woody/Diane.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,629 Posts
I think it's a tie for me:
Coach Diane era and the build up of sexual tension between Sam-Diane and
Rebecca-Sam ownership, when the show went back to being funny instead of pretentious. I HATED the earlier Rebecca episodes and the ones with Roger Rees. I loved any episode with Harry the Hat, with Nick and with the battle between Cheers and Old Towne Tavern

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.