Votes: 13 6.0%
  • 5 -- "Cheers"?

Votes: 11 5.1%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Connoisseur
11,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately we've been enjoying the early Cheers reruns on Nick at Night. It made me think about how the show had several eras. I'm not sure which is my favorite, as I enjoy aspects of each.

What's your favorite Cheers era?

(Poll coming...)

·
Big and Tall
1,906 Posts
Cheers is my all time favorite show.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
I didn't like Diane at all, so that knocks out the first two eras. I started to slack off watching the show in the last era so I guess the Rebecca/corporate era gets my vote.

Hey can't pass up another opportunity to post my favorite Kirstie Alley photo (Obligatory in any Cheers or fat actresses thread.) Now did Shelley ever look this good?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I don't think I can pick a favorite. With all the changes, the show managed to stay fresh for so long.

My least favorite is the year (Season 10, I think) that Sam and Rebecca tried to have a baby. There were some good episodes that year, but that storyline just didn't work for me.

·
Right side up again.
16,952 Posts
Tough call between Coach and Woody, but I went with Coach. Woody is a close second. Not a big fan of Rebecca.

·
Again with shoelaces
3,273 Posts
I struggled with the Coach/Woody decision and went with Woody. The Sam and Diane dynamic was just unbeatable. There was real passion in that relationship. Sam and Rebecca never came close to that.

I'll say I always hoped they would end up together. Broke my heart a bit that they couldn't work it out.

·
4,716 Posts
Have to go with the Coach era.

Coach (after answering phone): Is there an Ernie Pantusso here?
Sam: That's you, Coach.
Coach: Speaking!

·
Welcome Home, Jimmy!
5,876 Posts
appleye1 said:
I didn't like Diane at all, so that knocks out the first two eras. I started to slack off watching the show in the last era so I guess the Rebecca/corporate era gets my vote.

Hey can't pass up another opportunity to post my favorite Kirstie Alley photo (Obligatory in any Cheers or fat actresses thread.) Now did Shelley ever look this good?

that looks like Howard Stern in drag. I've never been a fan of Kirstie Allie so I voted for Woody/Diane.

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
Woody Diane for me.. but I would say that was the sweetspot, with the periods on either side almost equally as enjoyable.

I never really got turned off the show myself.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,706 Posts
I think it's a tie for me:
Coach Diane era and the build up of sexual tension between Sam-Diane and
Rebecca-Sam ownership, when the show went back to being funny instead of pretentious. I HATED the earlier Rebecca episodes and the ones with Roger Rees. I loved any episode with Harry the Hat, with Nick and with the battle between Cheers and Old Towne Tavern

·
dumdiddydum
3,806 Posts
What's up Mr. Peterson?

Let's talk about what's going in Mr. Peterson.

Coach Diane for me. Woody/Diane would be #2 for me.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
waldingrl said:
Coach/Diane. Coach rocked. :up:

Albania, Albania
You border on the Adriatic.
Your land is mostly moutainous
And your chief export is chrome

You just made me sing that song at my desk. Thank goodness my door is closed. :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts