TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Oh yes dealing with Spectrum was a nightmare. None of their splitters are compatible with MoCa, tech in South Carolina (off the coast) had absolutely ZERO knowledge of what a TiVo was & he was 50years old. Phone reps put the wrong numbers in & gave us the runaround. And the TiVo edge needs reboots once in a while because of a CableCARD error. And you know what? My Mother in Law refuses to give up her TiVo (that I bought them 2 years ago). I told her that her TiVo will stop working one day, doesn’t care. She’s had it in her old home (RCN provided).

2 providers. RCN & Service Electric in the Lehigh Valley, PA area and BOTH used TiVos as their DVRs. I believe TiVo is even providing them a whole IPTV infrastructure as well for them, TiVo lives on for sure

· Cranky old novice
9,541 Posts
On the cable card part, I had a Cox rep inside for an issue recently, he couldn't say enough that TiVo was dead, he couldn't touch the cable card, they had no new cards, TiVo is dying give it up. That's the kind of cable feedback you get about TiVo these days...

DrWeb
That’s always been cable TV’s attitude about TiVo. They’re just feeling more confident about expressing it publicly now.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts