TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find my TIVO filling up with dramas and non-fiction. The only comedies I have an SP for are Fox's animated shows. What's the consensus for the best comedy going right now not named Family Guy?

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
It's kinda corny, but every week I literally laugh like a goofball at least a half dozen times or more watching NBCs "Most Outrageous Moments" on Friday nights. (It's like a bloopers-meets-funniest home videos-and other wacky crap kinda show--without a host. Very disposable and, for me, some genuinely funny stuff for 30 minutes at a time.)

·
Back by popular demand
14,325 Posts
I have just started watching "How I Met Your Mother" and I think that is very funny.
Scrubs is down from its heights so far this season AFAIAC, but is still prettty hilarious.

·
Nerp Nerp
1,932 Posts
The Daily Show (unless you are a screaming rightie)
Entourage (if you have HBO)
2.5 Men
Earl
The Office
American Idol (the auditions phase)

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
The Honeymooners (Jackie Gleason, 1955). I was LOL last night when Ralph bit into the candy bar during the TV commercial...

·
The Question
11,582 Posts
SparkleMotion said:
It's kinda corny, but every week I literally laugh like a goofball at least a half dozen times or more watching NBCs "Most Outrageous Moments" on Friday nights.
I don't laugh quite that much, but each show is probably good for at least once...

Angel: I'm here to help you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Arrested Development
The Office (US)
MNIE
Scrubs
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
Da Ali G Show (Anyone who has not watched this and subscribes to the type of humor dominating this thread do yourself a favor).
Everybody Hates Chris
How I Met Your Mother

If those DVD movies do well enough to warrant a Futurama return and Scrubs & AD are still alive, we're staring at the strongest group of comedies in a long time.

·
Preowned Member
1,448 Posts
Commander In Chief.

I easily get more laughs from how schmaltzy CIC is than I get from any so-called "comedy" on TV.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts