TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a new 40 hour Series 2 TiVo after purchasing $100 worth of Dockers at JCPenny's. It's still in the box. It also includes three months of free service. Here's my current setup:

47" HDTV
Motorola DCT6412 from cable company
Series 1 TiVo with extra drive (about 120 hours total I think) and Ethernet and Lifetime Sub.

I don't really need two TiVos and a DVR. Only need one TiVo. Was hoping I could get an HD TiVo soon but it looks like that will be a while still and I'm not going to go to DirecTV.

A few ideas:
- upgrade the new box by replacing the stock drive with a really big one
- apply the 3 month sub to lifetime
- sell old box on ebay (looks like it would bring less than cost of lifetime sub)

Anyone got any creative ideas on how I can swap the boxes out?

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ThreeSoFar said:
Which one you sell then might be a toss-up.

Check "completed auctions" for lifetime'd TiVos. I thought they still ran more than $300, especially upgraded.
Yeah, I checked that. The best price for a Series 1 was about $275 and that was with upgraded drives and Turbonet. The Series 2 units went for more than $300.

What do by "which one to sell"? You mean Series 1 or Series 2? I only have one Series 1 and one (new in box) Series 2.

buddhawood said:
I still haven't recieved my Dockers Tivo and the there is no answer at the phone number on the form. When did you get your unit?
I got mine about three weeks ago.

·
Wear Your Mask!
56,080 Posts
I have a Dockers Tivo and I think it's going to live in my bedroom so I can do MRV. There is still a ton of SD programming and it'll be useful for that. I found a cheap Seagate HD to throw in it so I can grab some additional programs on it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
buddhawood said:
I still haven't recieved my Dockers Tivo and the there is no answer at the phone number on the form. When did you get your unit?
Well, It only took about 6 months, 10 e-mails and four phone calls to Levi's (Dockers parent Co.) but I Finally got my Tivo today! I guess that since I waited so long that my Tivo had time to multiply because they sent me a 80 hour unit instead of the 40 hour. If anyone else is having problems PM me and I'll get you to the right person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.