TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Electrocuted by TiVo
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, I'd have to say I might pay 300.00 before rebates. I'd settle for a stripped down version that supported CC, had two tuners, but no HD or built-in ethernet, with series 2 compatibility for that price as well.

This is for a monthly unit, of course.

· Electrocuted by TiVo
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
For me at any price the Series 3 would need to be compatible with the series 2 on networking functions, including the ability to transfer HD programming perhaps as a best quality recording. However with all of the posters here stating that they would sell their first born to get one (JK) it's not very bloody likely the price will be reasonable until these people are sated. LOL!

· Electrocuted by TiVo
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
tgibbs said:
I think this is fairly unlikely. According to TiVo's rep at the show, it will not recode digital to lower resolution, although it will output at any desired resolution. So to do what you describe, you'd probably have to hook it directly to the input of your series 2, play a show back at 480i, and let the series 2 re-digitize it.
This doesn't make sense to me. It can down convert for a screen but not stream to another box. Prolly a hardware thing. Oh well, my Series 2's work fine enough already.

· Electrocuted by TiVo
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I just got a 42" plasma and am now rethinking what I would pay for an HD capable tivo. Our cable co however only has one hd channel in it's line up, so I would guess SD content wouldn't look any better on the plasma than it currently does with an S2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.