TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
It was horrible. No one could get them activated, even on the National Cable Card hotline.

And other posts on this message board have said they saw press releases that new customers cannot obtain them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It was horrible. No one could get them activated, even on the National Cable Card hotline.

And other posts on this message board have said they saw press releases that new customers cannot obtain them.
Enterprise / Resellers are not permitted for businesses. i.e. bars/restaurants that use tivo boxes / legacy custom cable box equipment. I have yet to find any evidence that new residential customers are not able to pair CableCards, especially if they are still giving/sending tuning adapters and cablecards from select stores.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

A press release should be easy to find. Do you have a link?

I'm not denying that it's nearly impossible to activate a cable card on Spectrum. But it's always been that way. There's never been a national cable card hotline for the legacy Charter side. But I seriously doubt cable card support has changed since they still have millions of their own boxes deployed with cable cards inside them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I googled it and could not find it. I could have sworn i read it somewhere on these forums, I can't be sure. I made three separate calls to the National Cable Card hotline and the reps could not pair them properly with my Tivos. A tech could no do it either.

I remember how you could see the CC on the inside of the Scientific Atlantic Boxes. But those are probably supported differently than Tivo and other 3rd party users that have their own CC. So I am not sure. All I know is I broke as I didn't have time to continue calling. I broke and tried their DVR Box, it sucked. And using Roku, the app is slow and not good. So I figured, screw it, I'm done. Back to using my Antenna.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I googled it and could not find it. I could have sworn i read it somewhere on these forums, I can't be sure. I made three separate calls to the National Cable Card hotline and the reps could not pair them properly with my Tivos. A tech could no do it either.
In my decades with Charter (Spectrum), I had exactly the same issues as you dozens of times. One particular time it took weeks before I found anybody who could pair my card, including several techs who came to my house. But if they no longer supported cable card as you claim, they would not have even attempted pairing. All your experience does is add to the mountain of evidence that Spectrum is simply incredibly inept, which we already knew. There is no real evidence that Spectrum has stopped supporting cable cards. They're just as terrible at it as they have always been.

I'm glad to finally be rid of them as I'm sure you are as well. I say enjoy your new found freedom and find a good streaming service. Then sell your Tivos to fund a nice vacation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In my decades with Charter (Spectrum), I had exactly the same issues as you dozens of times. One particular time it took weeks before I found anybody who could pair my card, including several techs who came to my house. But if they no longer supported cable card as you claim, they would not have even attempted pairing. All your experience does is add to the mountain of evidence that Spectrum is simply incredibly inept, which we already knew. There is no real evidence that Spectrum has stopped supporting cable cards. They're just as terrible at it as they have always been.

I'm glad to finally be rid of them as I'm sure you are as well. I say enjoy your new found freedom and find a good streaming service. Then sell your Tivos to fund a nice vacation.
LOL. I do like using my Tivos for Over the Air. I have two young kids, so the only live TV i watch is sports. Everything else gets recorded.

I like the way you think though, to sell the Tivos to fund a vacation. I should sell a bunch of other crap in my basement on Ebay!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts