TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so sick of Tivo f'ing me over instead of treating me like a loyal customer for the last seven years. I want them out of my house and my life. :mad: I will sell to the first reasonable offer. In perfect condition, includes tivo wireless and Antec MX-1, and obviously lifetime sub.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good luck finding anything usable to replace it.

You might want to give the comcast dvr a try first before you sell the S3.
You might just decide that TiVo isn't all that bad.

To answer your question though...
I'd guess an S3 with lifetime is worth no less than $700, possibly as much as $1200

$300 for the DVR. After all not many will pay 800 for a S3 with a $300 equivalent available.
Home theater pros might pay full price for the S3 though, for installs where aesthetics or THX are important.
$400 for the lifetime sub. Maybe more to someone who expects to keep it more than 3 years.

·
Registered
843 Posts
jltx said:
I am so sick of Tivo f'ing me over instead of treating me like a loyal customer for the last seven years. I want them out of my house and my life. :mad: I will sell to the first reasonable offer. In perfect condition, includes tivo wireless and Antec MX-1, and obviously lifetime sub.
A reasonable person might put it on eBay to get a reasonable offer.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,153 Posts
what is a lifetime S3 worth now?
same it was last week...

I just fail to see how Tivo has wronged you, everything works the same as it did last week, and even last month.

You've had second thoughts since you bought the unit, previous threads show that.

Have you never bought anything new and shiny before? The minute you walk out the door they depreciate, just like cars, you buy them so that you can enjoy them!

Face it, any Tivo (or DVR) is a frivolous purchase we buy them because they make us happy. This isn't a utility such as water housing, or electricity here...

If you're buying them as an investment, you're in the wrong field.

Diane

·
Pontiff Emeritus
2,446 Posts
jltx said:
Wow, you really know how to sell, you silver-tongued devil.

Here's a little tip; don't trash talk the item you are trying to sell.

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
I bought my 50 inch Panny 6UY for $6K four years ago and I am really pissed now that they are below $2.

And my Denon let me tell you!

And when the OLEDs hit the market I think I will just give up.

On the other hand I have really enjoyed 13 months or so of great HD DVR from Tivo.
If you can afford the all the other stuff I don't see the extra for Tivo as a big deal.

·
O2->CO2 Converter
2,657 Posts
$51!

I'm sure Tivo will really hurt once you get that evil box out of your house. Really, like everyone else has said, how did Tivo "f you over" by releasing a newer product?

·
Bill Knapp
1,437 Posts
400.00 for the box - 200 for the lifetime. It's worth $600.00

I'll give you $601.333r

·
Registered
257 Posts
IMO the lifetime service is worth at least 3 years of service.
That's $300 right now (normally 400) if you buy 3 years at once
or $466 if you pay monthly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you get a "reasonable" offer does that mean that you will keep your whining and moaning out of the forum??? Quick!! Someone offer him whatever he wants - it would be worth it!

I already have an LT S3, love it , keeping it - worth every dime I paid for it!

·
Disgruntled Member
3,198 Posts
susani8 said:
If you get a "reasonable" offer does that mean that you will keep your whining and moaning out of the forum??? Quick!! Someone offer him whatever he wants - it would be worth it!

I already have an LT S3, love it , keeping it - worth every dime I paid for it!
hahaha :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I guess my language was a little strong, but I am very unhappy with Tivo. I have two basic complaints: they won't support their "cadillac" product and they raped me to the tune of $500. Why should I be happy?

Well, I expected most of your responses. Thanks to those who attempted to value it for me.

wickerbill said:
Did you expect the price of the series 3 to never come down? That they would never release a cheaper HD product? Welcome to technology and being an early adopter.
Of course I expect it. I have been an early adopter my whole life. See my next post.

dianebrat said:
Face it, any Tivo (or DVR) is a frivolous purchase we buy them because they make us happy.
Good point and I agree. Watching tv itself is frivolous.

Martin Tupper said:
Here's a little tip; don't trash talk the item you are trying to sell.
I didn't trash talk the product. I am angry at the company selling it.

susani8 said:
If you get a "reasonable" offer does that mean that you will keep your whining and moaning out of the forum???
Really, Susan? Are you referring to my *two* other posts trying to get help with an issue that Tivo will not address? Your skin may be a little thin to be reading any forum.

I always find it odd how defensive tivo owners are to any negativity. No product/company is perfect.

·
Tivo User
2,507 Posts
I'll give you a 2 fer 1 deal. 2 Directv Tivos for that lousy S3... now that's a deal.

jltx said:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.