TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Also wants a pony
599 Posts
I was at CES for both the 2005 and 2006 show. It was interesting that D* used the same booth layout this year that they had previously. But this year, the 1/3 of the booth that had been used to intro the HMC was just filled with "maps" of the US showing where they had LiL HD channels. Very lame - 4 maps, for each of the 4 networks, which of course, had stars in exactly the same places on each map...

I asked a booth dude about the HMC, and his response was "it's still planned for late this year. We showcased it last year, so we didn't need to show it again". Right. As DeWitt said, Ucentric was bought by Motorola, so I think that project probably went into the "unlikely" magic 8 ball category. Oh, and there's history here - VOOM showed at CES 2004 a multi-room DVR, made by Ucentric, which vanished at the 2005 show.

Now, D* did show the empty shells of the HMC and the SD client at the CEDIA Expo in Sept 2005, but had no further info on it. No live demo, no canned demo, no video, no paper...

So what did D* show new at CES??? Cool "skins" for the front of your D* receiver (think Xbox 360 front plates). <yawn>

·
Also wants a pony
599 Posts
I think their involvement in viiv is just their "DirecTV to go" or whatever they called their DVR to PC transfer feature (gee, where did they get that idea????).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.