TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I TiVo'd the NASCAR race today here in South Florida on Channel 73, ESPNH. About 30 minutes into the recording we had a tremendous thunderstorm. I knew I would probably lose part of the recording, but I didn't count on losing the whole thing!

The signal never fully restored itself and the rest of the 4 hour recording was full of pixelation.

When I switched to live TV, my recorder was still on ESPNH and the picture was still high pixelated. I simply went up one channel and then back to ESPNH and bang! A perfect picture.

Why didn't my dish reacquire the signal, in it's entirety, after the storm? The other channels seem to record just fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I should have phrased my topic question as follows:

"Why didn't my TiVo reacquire the entire signal after the storm."

I guess most people figured that this newbie didn't realize that storms cause a signal to be temprarily lost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
michael1248 said:
Maybe I should have phrased my topic question as follows:

"Why didn't my TiVo reacquire the entire signal after the storm."

I guess most people figured that this newbie didn't realize that storms cause a signal to be temprarily lost.
Yeah, it looked like a newbie question, but you caught it. I too saw some of that, don't know what caused it however, I fixed it just as you did.

Where are you? I'm outside of Fort Lauderdale (33321).

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in 33317/Plantation.

Sadly, when I got home the race was already over, but still taping. ( I always add an hour for the green-white-checkered.)

The moment I switched from 73 and back again the PQ was perfect. For just that reason I always enjoyed taping the races OTA from FOX using an attic antenna.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts