TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well, it wasn't clear in your post if you believed this as well, but the first thing you can expect to get is an Dtv HD DVR (HR20 is it?) and not a Tivo. I'm not 100% since I haven't had my ear to the ground in that arena for a while but last I heard anytime an HR10-250 breaks they were replacing it with their DVR's and not with another HR10-250.

As far as cost, I think "free" really does mean "free" to Dtv. Although you may have a new 2-year commitment as a result. Oh, and you probably won't own the new box. It will most likely be a leased unit.

Like I said though, I haven't had my ear to the ground in that arena so if someone knows what I say to be wrong please set us straight.

·
Registered
594 Posts
RunnerFL said:
If you actually get all of what he said it makes sense, but if you only cut out what you want to read it doesn't.

He said:

"For information, the HR10-250 is NOT a TiVo. It's a DirecTV receiver with TiVo service "

Which is completely correct. TiVo didn't make the box.
Tivo Didn't make my Philips HDR212 but it sure as heck IS a tivo. And it doesn't do anything my HR10-250 can't do so I'm going to have to vote with JimSpence here and say that it is indeed a Tivo.

I "get" what TonyTheTiger said but I just don't agree with it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
mooondog said:
Got the HR20 today. Unplugged my regular HD receiver. Plugged in the HR20. I get nothing but a fierce horizontal scrolling. Could not fix it. They are sending a tech out.

What could it be? My regular HD receiver works perfectly fine, I just hooked it back up. When I plug in the HR20, I can barely make out DirecTV logo and some other words as they are flying accross the screen. I thought maybe it was the format but it won't let me change it. I can't even go through the set up process because I can't see a damn thing.

I'm using the same exact component video cables from the regular HD receiver. Makes no sense to me.

Arghhhhhh!!!
I'm hedging my bet on 1 of two problems

1) two of your component cables are flip/flopped

2) the dvr is set to a resolution that your tv doesn't like.

Let us know what the fix turns out to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.