TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR10-250 crapped out after a year of service. It went downhill fast. Yesterday it started rebooting by itself every 25 minutes or so. After dealing with D*, decided to wipe it clean. Got permanently stuck in the "Wiping the drive clean, This will take an hour" mode. I'm talking overnight for 8+ hours.

I bought the HR10 at Best Buy for about $500.

They said they'd send a new one out to me for "free". What does "free" mean to D*? What model should I expect to receive?

Thanks

PS --- they told me to just dispose of the HR10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the HR20 today. Unplugged my regular HD receiver. Plugged in the HR20. I get nothing but a fierce horizontal scrolling. Could not fix it. They are sending a tech out.

What could it be? My regular HD receiver works perfectly fine, I just hooked it back up. When I plug in the HR20, I can barely make out DirecTV logo and some other words as they are flying accross the screen. I thought maybe it was the format but it won't let me change it. I can't even go through the set up process because I can't see a damn thing.

I'm using the same exact component video cables from the regular HD receiver. Makes no sense to me.

Arghhhhhh!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I don't think it's #1. I checked a few times.

I think it's #2. But, unlike the HR10, it will not let me manually select the resolution. When I had the HR10 and the picture got whacked out (looking exactly like the picture looks now), I knew someone had accidentally changed the resulution and I would change it back to fix the picture.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I decided to try setting it up on another TV. It worked!! After completing the setup, I hooked it back up to the original TV that was giving me problems. During boot up, the picture was all screwed up. After boot up finished, I was then able to change the resolution to work on that TV.

To clarify... the TV that gave me problems is a Mitsubishi WS-55711. It's a rear projection HDTV that is about 4 years old or so. Keep in mind, NO PROBLEM on this TV with the regular DirecTV HD receiver.

The TV that had no issues is 1+ years old 42" Samsumg LCD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.