TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
To confirm you will receive the HR20 Directv DVR. It has Directv's in house Software loaded. It is not a Tivo.

You will have Two years added to your Account (Commitment) and the unit will indeed be "Leased".

But there are some good things.

1. The Directv HR20 works with Mpeg4, something the HR10 does not work with. And Directv is moving to all Mpeg4 HD channels.

2. Directv and Tivo may join forces again.

3. It is the way of the future.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
TyroneShoes said:
Here's my understanding of what is "Tivo":

It could be wrong, but I'd lay long odds that it is correct.

"Tivo" the company, is a software company. All hardware that contains the Tivo OS is built by 3rd-party manufacturers.
Since everyone else is bit**ing and moaning thought I might join in too :D

You are incorrect!

Tivo is not just a Software Company. The Series 2 and 3 units are in fact built by Tivo making them a Hardware Company to.

Other components like the Wireless Adapter are in fact built by Tivo also.

I for one agree with Tony The Tiger:

Tony The Tiger said:
For information, the HR10-250 is NOT a TiVo. It's a DirecTV receiver with TiVo service
The HR10-250 is NOT a Tivo. It is in fact a Directv/Tivo unit. The unit and services are all provided by Directv. Tivo only provided the Software package.

Other wise, you would be paying Tivo a Subscription for it, not Directv.

There. Now that the nit picking is over, hope all have a great evening :D

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
So the Factory resolutions on the HR20 did not like the New TV, but glad its all sorted out and working now :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.