TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,151 Posts
It WILL be an HR20, you WILL have to extend your commitment by two years and it WILL be leased.

For information, the HR10-250 is NOT a TiVo. It's a DirecTV receiver with TiVo service and yes, there is a difference. Many people who have TiVo come here wondering why their D* box doesn't have all the TiVo features and this is the reason. Apologies if you think I'm being picky, but I'm not - just clarifying.

If they're sending it free, it will be free. Usually, they charge $19.95 S&H, but it sounds like they even waived that.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,151 Posts
JimSpence said:
Tony, please edit you post to say that the HR20 is not a TiVo. It currently says HR10. :) We don't need any more confusion around than we already have. :D
No, Jim, it's what I meant to say (as already pointed out).

The confusion comes from those who come here wondering why they can't get all of TiVo's features from their D* box. The reason is as I stated - a D* box is NOT a TiVo.

Sure, it's a lot closer to TiVo than the HR20, which is just barely a DVR (that DOESN'T run TiVo software), but it is NOT a TiVo, it is not supported by TiVo and TiVo doesn't even collect the subscription fee (well, not directly anyway!).

Oh and mitkraft, whether you agree with it or not, I didn't state an opinion, I stated a fact, so feel free to be wrong if you want.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,151 Posts
Seems that some people can't handle the truth!

Anyway, my point was to help not to insult. If anyone took it whe wrong way, then I apologize.

In the words of Joe Friday - "Just the facts, Ma'am"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.