TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

What are your favorite new shows so far?

3K views 57 replies 43 participants last post by  Roadblock 
#1 ·
After the first week of new shows, which ones are your favorites? I think Journeyman and Life have potential to be really promising.

#6 ·
Reaper. Maybe Chuck (wife liked Chuck better than Reaper, I'm the reverse). I enjoyed Bionic Woman too. If I had to pick one I think it would be Reaper as long as they can keep the writing and directing up. Otherwise there really isn't much deep plot to fall back on.

Those are the three new shows that I've watched so far. I'm still waiting on Pushing Daisies, and Women's Murder Club.

#11 ·
I was kind of surprised to see a thread on this already. I just figured a good number of people on here would be recording and watching later to see if the show gets canned and watching would just be a waste of time. OK, so maybe not most people (?), but that's definitely how I'm dealing with the new season. Too many times in the last few years I've watched a new show, liked it, and it's canned in under a half-dozen episodes. Burn me once, shame on me. Burn me twice, shame on me again. Burn me three times... well, you get the idea. Anyone remember Threshhold? Drive?

I'll wait a few weeks on the new stuff and give my attention now to NCIS, The Unit, Driminal Minds, etc.

#13 ·
Wow. This is amazing. Seen a lot of the ones mentioned so far, and nothing rates better than a "meh".

The winner is: Back to You.

I've missed Kelsey Grammer, the man's a brilliant comedic actor. This was the first show in years that I was literally in tears I was laughing so hard. And Heaton is pretty good too.

And the writing is good, too--it's not just Grammer and Heaton.
That little puff of smoke when the halogen lamp killed the fish for the nth time really got me somehow. I rewound and watched it a few times.....

#14 ·
Loved:
Reaper!!!!!

(Expect/Hope to Love: Pushing Daisies)

Liked:
Back to You
Big Bang Theory
Gossip Girl
Kid Nation (unexpectedly - I tuned in expecting a trainwreck)

Entertaining, but didn't live up to the hype (still giving them a chance):
Bionic Woman
Chuck

Not even close to as good as the BBC Version, but I loves me some Gordon Ramsay anyway:
Kitchen Nightmares

Lastly, it's not network or prime time, but I'm not ashamed to admit my new "guilty pleasure" show is:
TMZ

#15 ·
There have been no new series that I've been excited about this season. The best is a "meh" for Chuck and Reaper.

Granted, I haven't seen Journeyman yet, it's still sitting on my DVR, and I'm hoping to like it... but the fact that it's been sitting there since Monday and I still haven't really felt like watching it is probably a bad sign.

The jury is still out on Bionic Woman. I'm hoping it was just a bad first episode, since it was really just the pilot slightly re-edited, and that the future episodes will be better.

I wanted to like Pushing Daisies and Moonlight. Pushing Daisies turned out to be trying too hard to be quirky for my tastes, and Moonlight was just plain rotten.

#16 ·
Nothing that blew me away so far...

Really liked:

Journeyman - Was worried that it would just a rip off of Quantum leap....but even though it shares some similarities, depending on the writing, this could be a great show

Dirty Sexy Money - Yeah, a little over the top, and a bit of a soap opera, but Peter Krause is a decent actor (loved him in Sports Night), and the surrounding cast is pretty good. This may be more of a guilty pleasure type of show.

Liked:
Back to You - Not the greatest sitcom, and nothing award winning, but a nice 1/2 hour diversion.....I predict about 3 seasons for this one.....definitely not in the "Everybody loves Raymond", "Frasier" or "Cheers" category.

Recorded, but still haven't watched:
Big Bang Theory
Bionic Woman
Chuck
Big Shots

#18 ·
Graymalkin said:
Reaper and Chuck, so far. Also liked Life and Gossip Girl. Jury still out on Bionic Woman and Private Practice.

Waiting for Pushing Daisies to premiere next Thursday.
You'll miss it then! It's on Wednesday!!!

As for the topic, nothing's wowed me yet. We'll see what PD can do and I'll keep an eye on the Brits (Bionic Woman and Journeyman), but that's it so far. Of course, my DVR still has stuff I haven't watched yet.

#20 ·
So far Reaper gets my favorite spot.

I liked Chuck, Big Shots, and Dirty Sexy Money. Fence sitting a bit on Bionic Woman.

High hopes for Pushing Daisies.

#21 ·
Loved.....
Aliens in America
Pushing Daisies
Reaper
Chuck

Liked.....
Bionic Woman
Big Bang Theory

Didn't do anything for me.....
Journeyman
Life
Gossip Girl

Haven't had time to watch Dirty Sexy Money, yet. Forgot to record Big Shots; not feeling an effort to find/download it.

#22 ·
Journeyman strikes me as the one with the most promise, but also most likely to be screwed up.

Chuck and Bionic Woman (sadly) were very "meh, as long as they don't conflict".

Moonlight, possibly the worst pilot I have seen this century. I could smell its stink within minutes but suffered through "just in case".

#23 ·
Hrm. I liked Reaper and Life. I have hopes for Journeyman and maybe Chuck. Big Bang Theory got some laughs so I'm keeping it for now. I'm also still hopeful for Bionic Woman but the first ep was not good. Back to You is on life support.

I haven't watched Cane or Dirty Sexy Money yet, because I think the wife might like to see them. I haven't seen any leaked pilots so I don't know about Pushing Daisies.

I gave up on Private Practice without even watching it, and deleted my Grey's Anatomy SP to boot... even though I'll miss me some Katherine Heigl :(.

#24 ·
Does Mad Men count? That is by far better than anything I have seen the "nets" come out with and with Dexter starting tonight I it gets better and better.

As far as the "nets" go though I am digging:

Life
Reaper
Chuck
Big Bang
Dirty Sexy Money

Some of the ones I am looking forward to have not started yet though:

Pushing Daisies
Samantha Who?
Miss/Guided
Return of Jezebel James
Sarah Connor Chronicles

#26 ·
Liked Reaper, Bionic Woman (more than I expected - it will probably be cancelled), Life, Private Practice, and Journeyman. I have high hopes for Moonlight (I just like vampire shows), Dirty Sexy Money, Big Shots, and Pushing Daisies.

I did not like Cane - I was so bored 5 minutes into I deleted the SP. Big Bang Theory was okay, had some funny parts in the pilot, but really not worth the energy for me to watch. My husband is looking forward to Cavemen (which means I'll watch). I decided to record K-Ville, which was not on my original list, after hearing people like it.

I already have a ton of shows that I already watch, so I'm probably going to quickly whittle the list of new shows that will make my must watch down to a half-dozen or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.