TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I have a premiere with lifetime that is having trouble starting up. Right now the problem happens every so often, but it got me to thinking what if something is seriously wrong with this thing, and I lose the unit along with the lifetime service. My question is: What is the part or parts of the tivo premiere that have the lifetime data on them that could be transferred to another tivo premiere, since I have two other units (with no lifetime) that I got cheap at a thrift store (one for ten, and one for twenty) with high hopes that they might have lifetime service on them. Would it be worth the hassle, or should I wait for this thing to die and wait for another trade up deal from tivo. I tried to do a search on this issue but didn't see anything, so sorry if this has already been addressed.
This is one of the misunderstood issue with "lifetime" or "All-In". The Lifetime is not for hardware. It's for the service like the guide, software updates and the programming database. Not for hardware. There is a different "charge" when you pay monthly and some part fails. Then the charge is low for a repair/replacement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.