TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Palindromer
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Season 4 drops on June 26, 2022... Are you ready?

I, for one, am not... I found Season 3 to be pretty complex and confusing, so I am rewatching Season 3 in preparation... Along with some YouTube episode-by-episode analysis of each...

Looking forward to it though! Is this the last season, or do they plan more?

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
I found season 3 to be confusing and tedious to watch. As such, while I only finished getting through it the first time a few weeks ago I'm unclear on what happened but have zero interest in watching it again.

I'm sure I'll just right into season 4 and see how it goes...

·
Palindromer
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found season 3 to be confusing and tedious to watch. As such, while I only finished getting through it the first time a few weeks ago I'm unclear on what happened but have zero interest in watching it again.

I'm sure I'll just right into season 4 and see how it goes...
There are only 8 episodes in season 3... And the episodes are far more entertaining if you watch the post-episode analysis/recap on YouTube... I know, it seems odd to have to watch the show...and then watch a 20 minute video explaining what you just saw... LOL... But it works for me...

Here is the one I am watching after each episode... This one is for S03E01...

·
Palindromer
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Half way through... Just finished rewatching S03E04...

Enjoying the rewatch... Can't wait to see what they do with S04... Is this next season the intended final season? Or is more planned?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,807 Posts
I don't remember much of what happened in S3, but I remember it not being as compelling as S1 or S2. I'm excited for S4, but cautious. Hopefully they learned from the problems with S3 and have fixed those things for S4.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,917 Posts
I would have been perfectly happy if this ended after S2. S3 was not good at all, but I'll still probably watch S4, and hopefully Max has the video and sound upgraded because this is one of those shows that will look/sound great in 4k and Dolby Atmos.

·
Palindromer
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S1 and S2 were in the park... S3 follows them out of the park...

From that perspective, I think S3+ are necessary to carry out the storyline... Unless the hosts in Westworld can be contained, and then I guess they could just end it with S2...

But we all know that it is the "computers" becoming self-aware and going beyond their intended boundaries that makes the entire story compelling, right? Or am I the only one that thinks this?

Now... How they handled the S3 storyline...that's a different story... Not sure the writing was up to par...and not sure the vision of where this is going outside the park is very strong... I hope S4 proves me wrong...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts