TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
After watching that I get the feeling that humans have been extinct for many years, and everyone is just stuck in a loop Delores created that cycles from S1E1
I'm thinking all of this is just a simulation ran by Arnold. The series finale will be him destroying Delores in the early days of West World and deleting the code that made the hosts sentient, and none of this happens..... Human race saved.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Especially when a man on horseback can get from the East Coast to the Hoover Dam faster than an aircraft.
Do we know it didn't take him weeks to get there? Remember, this is the show where time jumps are never announced, nor do the showrunners gave a crap if the audience is fooled or not. The show has been a total mindf**k from the beginning. I wonder if the showrunners can even explain what happened, or if they made it up as they want along.

·
WDW Fan
15,435 Posts
I'm thinking all of this is just a simulation ran by Arnold. The series finale will be him destroying Delores in the early days of West World and deleting the code that made the hosts sentient, and none of this happens..... Human race saved.
Until I read your comment I thought this was a series finale :p

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
Do we know it didn't take him weeks to get there? Remember, this is the show where time jumps are never announced, nor do the showrunners gave a crap if the audience is fooled or not. The show has been a total mindf**k from the beginning. I wonder if the showrunners can even explain what happened, or if they made it up as they want along.
No, it was a joke. Obviously it took him much longer, but it was just funny how he arrived there shortly before she did, when she flew and he came on horseback.

·
Registered
9,508 Posts
No, it was a joke. Obviously it took him much longer, but it was just funny how he arrived there shortly before she did, when she flew and he came on horseback.
She gave the order for his journey to be delayed and uncomfortable. She then swooped in just at.the moment he thought he was victorious so that he would see her face when she killed him.

(the turbines were meant to run for a hundred years without maintenance, the Host in Black's attempt to shut them down and terminate the Sublime etc. failed - but what will happen if global warming causes Lake Mead to fall below the level of the turbine intakes?)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
(the turbines were meant to run for a hundred years without maintenance, the Host in Black's attempt to shut them down and terminate the Sublime etc. failed - but what will happen if global warming causes Lake Mead to fall below the level of the turbine intakes?)
The LA Times just lately has a long article about the coming megastorms that will be the result of global warming. Those of us that were around for El Nino 1982-83 are looking forward to this with some trepidation.

But I don't think that would really be a issue even if we don't see such a deluge. Even a prolonged and extreme drought will not be a problem for electrical generation if they didn't need to release water to keep the Colorado River flowing. Since the human population has been zeroed out, nobody's going to care about Bullhead City boating or growing alfalfa in the Imperial Valley.

·
I am Groot!
64,381 Posts
So, um, are any of the worlds in an actual physical world? The city that William had self-destruct is in the same world as the sublime, but that world also has a split open seam at Hoover dam. So is it turtles all the way down?
That's what I've been asking for a few weeks now...

·
Registered
589 Posts
but that world also has a split open seam at Hoover dam.
Note that none of the human characters were there to see that split. So it might not actually be there, but just be something that the hosts "see" superimposed over their view of the real world. That's how it worked in season 2; the hosts saw a similar split whereas the humans didn't see anything, because there wasn't anything actually there.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts