TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
I binged all of this season's episodes so far in the last two days and guess what? I'm confused!
I think that's the only goal of this series, to see how many of us they can confuse, because they certainly don't make it easy at all to follow.

And the complete lack of nudity this season is disappointing :p

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts

·
Allan
2,692 Posts
I'm back to be completely confused, and I still feel like the writers are just trying to screw with my head. I don't know why I'm still watching. I guess I'm hoping for some big payoff, but I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to get it, and I'm not even sure where it would come from at this point.

+1
I'm watching because I've BEEN watching, but I have absolutely no clue what's going on.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't really understand the complaints about this season being convoluted. It's the most straightforward plot they'e had, except perhaps the first season. Heck, I guessed the big twist about an hour before the reveal. And that reveal came early in the season this time, making the rest of the season a pretty straightforward "how to get from point A to point B" plot line.

My only real complaint is that Hale's plot is pretty dumb; there's no clear motivation for her to be obsessing over Caleb the way she is.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
My only real complaint is that Hale's plot is pretty dumb; there's no clear motivation for her to be obsessing over Caleb the way she is.
Her stated motivation is that most of the humans are susceptible to her methods of control, but Caleb (and the clones she makes of him) are not, and she's trying to figure out what's different about him.

Did it bother anyone that Caleb was making his way around that lab trying to get out, and finally decides to fall 30+ feet from the ductwork onto a hard concrete floor. And when he does, he exits out a door that leads him to the roof of one of the tallest buildings in Manhattan. So how did he fall from something 30+ feet higher if he landed at roof level?

·
I am Groot!
64,381 Posts
Did it bother anyone that Caleb was making his way around that lab trying to get out, and finally decides to fall 30+ feet from the ductwork onto a hard concrete floor. And when he does, he exits out a door that leads him to the roof of one of the tallest buildings in Manhattan. So how did he fall from something 30+ feet higher if he landed at roof level?
I'm still not convinced that's the real world...

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
I'm still not convinced that's the real world...
Well, if it's not real, then either (a) there are two different versions of Charlotte Hale, or (b) Charlotte Hale is moving back and forth between a real version of Manhattan where she's enslaved all the humans, and a fake simulation version.

Because we saw the rebels working with Bernard and C go into Manhattan and bring out the outlier. So that city is definitely real. And Caleb's radio message got broadcast to wherever his daughter is because she heard the beginning of it.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,135 Posts
I have to say, they have learned from Season 3, they're regularly answering questions in regards to plot, sure they're opening up more questions, but I'm ok with this.

Reactions: Rob Helmerichs

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
So if Christina isn't in the same world as the humans, how did that one human interact with her before he killed himself? And does that mean Charlotte Hale can bounce back and forth between the Christina world and the human Manhattan, since we've seen her in both?

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
This really felt like the penultimate episode to a series finale. I know they haven't made any announcements either way, but let's go out on a high note.

·
I am Groot!
64,381 Posts
This really felt like the penultimate episode to a series finale. I know they haven't made any announcements either way, but let's go out on a high note.
Well, they've said all along that they have a five-year plan, so they should be looking for one more year...

And do you really think the people who "died" are DEAD-dead? ;)

·
Palindromer
21,811 Posts
Loved Season 4... Especially after it was so difficult for me to get through Season 3... I really kind of lost hope a little...

Reminds me a little of how Rocky 5 was crap, and figured that was the end of anything good coming from the franchise…. And then the sixth movie was great…

41 - 60 of 74 Posts