TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Yeah, there is that ;)

I'm one of those folks who, once I get through season one, do my best to stick with a series to the end. There are exceptions of course, but so far I'm keeping WW in the season pass list. Just curious to see how it ends - but certainly not enjoying it as much as I did the first season.
This, I really liked the first season, but since then it's been a slow progression downhill. I'm the same as you, I usually stick with series until the end (I probably watch ER 5 years more than I should have!) as long as I like it a little (and usually only quit series early on if I lose interest or just don't like it....recent examples Breaking Bad or The Leftovers, both which I quit sometime during the 2nd season). There's enough stuff in this one to keep me at least a little interested. It's a short season anyway (in that it's not 15 or so episodes). But I find it offputting as a viewer that I have to go and read someone's review to figure out what's actually going on. I had no idea about some of the time jumps, but did figure out that there was the 20+ year jump, only because I guessed that it was his daughter, otherwise I'd have no idea, because as I said, the characters looks almost identical to what they did years earlier. So it's confusing.

·
I am Groot!
64,381 Posts
This, I really liked the first season, but since then it's been a slow progression downhill.
I agree through last season, but this one has been good, and it just turned spectacular as the pieces start falling into place. Still not quite as good as the first, but now it's in the same league.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
I agree through last season, but this one has been good, and it just turned spectacular as the pieces start falling into place. Still not quite as good as the first, but now it's in the same league.
To each their own I guess, but if Season 1 was the majors, S2 and S3 was single A and this season is double A. It's a little better then the past 2 seasons,

·
wait.. I did what?
15,135 Posts
That we know of. There's also the VR world that "Christina" is in. And AFAICT we don't know when that is....
Correct, however I was thinking that it might soon be dated IF.. and I say IF Caleb running from his baseline bumps into her in the city.

Reactions: Rob Helmerichs

·
Registered
589 Posts
So far this season seems a lot more straightforward than seasons 2 or 3. And that's a good thing. While nowhere near as good as season 1, I'm finding this season a lot more entertaining than the last two.

I had my suspicious about Bernard & Stubbs being farther in the future from the first episode and I was pretty sure of it by halfway through episode 4. I hadn't picked up on C's identity before this episode but as soon as they reached the excavation site to look for the weapon I was certain who she was and what weapon they'd find. This was the most predictable episode in ages, but again, I think that was a good thing. Constructing the season so you can figure out what's going on if you're paying attention requires a lot more cleverness than the mess of season 2 where everything just comes out of nowhere. Season 1 did it a lot better, but this isn't bad.

·
3,794 Posts
Who is in the body of Christina (and Deloris last season)? (Since the original Deloris is Hale since season 2)
Technically the original Dolores died last season in order to destroy Rehoboam. (Although a version of her might exist in The Sublime. And Christina might have been created from a backup. But it's also possible she was recreated in the same manner as Caleb.)

Dolores initialized the Hale replica with a copy of herself. But the replica needed to be able to impersonate Hale, so at the very least she needed to mix in enough of human Hale's personality in order for her to pass, if not just everything that the Westworld system knew about her.

Most of the Hale personality was secondary to Dolores' at first. But over time, it began to seep in until Hale's family was killed, at which point I would say she evolved into a different person than either.

So even though Hale might have started as Dolores, I would say she is no longer her. We could maybe call her Halores. Or perhaps Dale.

Reactions: tim1724

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
Episode Five "Zhuangzi" July 24, 2022

So with Stubbs and the desert crew coming to the city where Christina lives, does that mean the previous speculation about Christina only being in a simulation world is wrong? Or are they still playing games with us and there is both a physical version and a "Sublime" version of that city? But the "outlier" that Stubbs and crew rescued in this episode was the ex-wife of the previous "outlier" Peter that Christina interacted with and saw him die. So I think it's all the same place and it's an actual physical place, just populated with humans that are infected and under the control of Charlotte's deep sounds.

I'm surprised we didn't have any follow up on Bernard unearthing Maeve as the "weapon." Will he be able to get her back online? Will she be able to do anything with these clearly more advanced systems?

·
3,794 Posts
The city appears to be basically an inverse-Westworld, with the humans acting out controlled storylines, and the "hosts" (for lack of a better term, although "hosts" doesn't seem to be an accurate description anymore given that the humans are technically the "hosts" now) living their lives with them as a backdrop.

My understanding from Hale's comments is that she is using the city to allow the hosts to develop their personalities with the hope that they will eventually gain enough insight and enlightenment to want to ascend to her version of what appears to be some kind of digital heaven, possibly modeled after The Sublime.

Reactions: tim1724
21 - 40 of 74 Posts