TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using the HR10-250 receiver for some time with no problems. Yesterday after a power reset, it now displays the 'Welcome. Power Up' message indefinately and will not move beyond that. Also, the receiver had the phone line re-connected for the first time in 6 months. Based on reading some of the threads, I'm assuming it went through a software upgrade.

Has the receiver died (it's not that old) or has a software upgrade not completed properly and therefore locked it up? Any ideas/suggestions on what I should take a look at would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My very first DirecTv/Tivo unit booted up to that message about a year ago. I am afraid that the Hard Drive is gone. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. Any suggestions on what websites to check to learn how to replace the hard drive? I am pretty technical so not afraid to tackle it myself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
dscott72 said:
My very first DirecTv/Tivo unit booted up to that message about a year ago. I am afraid that the Hard Drive is gone. Sorry for the bad news.
My DirecTivo bit the dust yesterday. :( My wife said, "it was making all kinds of crazy sounds and clicking for about 4 hours, and now its stuck on the 'Powering Up' screen." :( Hopefully the drive is under warranty. Its a Maxtor that I bought 2 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts