TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the early stages of contracting for a new house. A standard feature provided by the builder is an included mast for a satellite dish. Does anyone know if the new 5 lnb dish needs anything more, ie, a heavier or thicker mast or additional braces, than is used by the current 3 lnb dish? My builder said he would check with D*, but I would think that someone here already has the answer. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just installed the new 5 LNB dish yesterday. Don't even think about using your current bracket or mounting pipe with an adapter....use the included mounting hardware that comes in the shipment.

Took me about 2 hours from unsealing the box until I had all 5 sats set up....but I am in the Orlando.Melbourne area and have not been activated by D yet for the local HD channels.

I used a sat meter borrowed from a friend....very essential as the old method of tuning by ear using a friend inside or by turning up the volume would be a hassle and probably double the install time.

The most important part of the install is to have your bracket and mounting pipe ABSOLUTELY plumb....otherwise you are gonna be....lets say...frustrated. :)

Why did I install early?

Just one of them early adopter kind of guys and since the H10 with rebate was no cost......it seemed reasonable. I also didn't want anything to do with a professional install.......those things in the past have always been a negative adventure.

Tarmack

·
Registered
159 Posts
Forgot to add to previous.....I bought the H20 from Circuit City and the 5 LNB dish from Robert at Value Electronics....but I should have bought BOTH from Value Electronics....Circuit City was very slow with their shipment.

Tarmack

·
Just hangin'
30,962 Posts
The installation videos on the Solidsignal website indicate that you need a solid support for the AT9 dish. It's not as easy to install as the Ph III, but not impossible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.