TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say enough about the service and knowledge at weaknees. My Series 1 Tivo stopped dialing, so I ordered the modem kit, a new fan and a 160 gig hard drive, formatted.( I had tried some other options, like the PTV instant cake but my computer just wouldn't get it done. I tried all the correct positions, and jumpers but it was a P3 and something wouldn't work. I gave up and ordered the 160 from Weaknees.)

It took about 30 seconds to drop in the replacement 160 gig. I kept the old 40 gig for a spare. The Tivo lit up and went right into a standard setup program. The new, standalone modem, dialed and worked properly.

Unless you are a real hobbyist, you might consider the Weaknees option. It really doesn't cost that much.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Even if you are a hobbyist, they've got the goods. I had a very good experience with their HR10-250 TwinBreeze kit. Really sturdy plastic, all the cabling accessories, well-written installation instructions. The only thing was it took me a bit to get the power splitter to fit comfortably within all the drives, brackets, other cables... :)

My first experience with Weaknees was a good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.