TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for a few days and upon my return I now get no connection between the Bolt and hdmi on my TV. On HDMI2 where it has sat for ages, it says Weak or No Signal on the Samsung TV. Same was true of the Apple TV that was connected to HDMI1.

I tried different cables, no luck. Many reboots of everything. Eventually the Apple TV started working on HDMI3 but the Tivo does not.

I can watch shows on the Tivo using Tivo app on my phone, so it’s working (kind of).

I don’t have another TV to try it with, but did try connecting it to a computer monitor with HDMI and no good, though the Apple TV did display on the computer monitor.

Do you think it’s the TV that has gone bad? Or something to do with the cable service? Don’t know what else to try.

Thanks!

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe a little more info will help. After leaving the Bolt unplugged for over an hour, when connected to HDMI2 I can see the Tivo logo appear briefly on the screen, then it switches to Weak or No Signal.

I would would assume that the Bolt is at fault if not for the simultaneous issues with the Apple TV also not able to connect as it always had, to HDMI1, saying “Mode not supported”. Now the Apple TV works on HDMI3 only, but the Tivo does not.

Weird and I don’t see any kind of factory reset for the (admittedly old) Samsung TV.

· wait.. I did what?
15,690 Posts
The usual recommendation is try another TV or display device just to confirm it's not the TV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.