TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,220 Posts
To me that scene was kind of bizarre. I can't believe someone as world-weary and jaded as Laurie Blake wouldn't even consider that the wife of a suspected white supremacist wouldn't herself be "in the know" and dangerous.

Then to sit there while Jane pointed some kind of remote at her and do nothing at all? Not even stand up? Especially when she had been told about the "mesmer" tech and how it had forced Judd to hang himself? That's not what it ended up being, but still.

The scene with the malfunctioning trap door was amusing but I wasn't amused by the out-of-character reaction required to make it work.

I will be interested to see what the Seventh Kavalry plan is for capturing a god, and whether Angela is playing into it or upsetting it by "rousing" him.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,829 Posts
Turns out they were hinting about Manhattan the whole time with Blake constantly saying how hot her husband is.

But what about that footage of Manhattan destroying a building on Mars? I guess it was old footage from before "the accident?"

·
Registered
26,959 Posts
Had a very random thought last night. Can someone remind me to the dialog where Lady Trieu said that the Bian had her mother's memories? Did she say that Bian was her mother or merely that she had her mother's memories? We've been led down a path with Nostalgia, but maybe we've been misdirected.

Is it possible that Lady Trieu is a time traveler? That would explain how she knows about certain events that are about to occur.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,155 Posts
Had a very random thought last night. Can someone remind me to the dialog where Lady Trieu said that the Bian had her mother's memories? Did she say that Bian was her mother or merely that she had her mother's memories? We've been led down a path with Nostalgia, but maybe we've been misdirected.

Is it possible that Lady Trieu is a time traveler? That would explain how she knows about certain events that are about to occur.
She clearly stated that Bian was a clone of her mother in the episode.

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
26,959 Posts
She clearly stated that Bian was a clone of her mother in the episode.
Yep, you're right. I just looked up the script and it's unambiguous:

Bian's not my daughter.
She's my mother.
Before she died, I harvested her memories, and then I cloned her.
Of course, she wouldn't be my mother unless she had my mother's experiences, so over time, I've been reintegrating her memories while she sleeps via IV drip.

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
44,464 Posts
And who's the father?

Lady Trieu says her PARENTS, and only Bian is there (as the mother)

MAN this is good TV!!!!
I've heard speculation that Adrian Veidt is her father. She has that statue of him. Also heard some people say she rushed to buy that farm from that family. That the thing that crashed from space was Veidt, or at least his remains. That she used the remains to clone him and yadda, yadda, yadda...

·
Go Pats
46,509 Posts
I've heard speculation that Adrian Veidt is her father. She has that statue of him. Also heard some people say she rushed to buy that farm from that family. That the thing that crashed from space was Veidt, or at least his remains. That she used the remains to clone him and yadda, yadda, yadda...
Yeah film cast mentioned all of that. But who the hell knows

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.