TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My office tv just died, and I have a Dell flt screen monitor that has a VGA connector for my computer, and it has a DVI connector as well. Can anyone suggest an adapter I may be able to purchase that would allow my to plug my tivo (series 2) into that DVI connector so I can watch tv on it? Not even sure if it's possible, but it would be real cool if I could.

·
Premium Member
39,385 Posts

·
O2->CO2 Converter
2,702 Posts
What model Dell monitor?

Most of them that have VGA and DVI inputs also have a composite input also (I know that mine does).

Nothing as cool as picture in picture Tivo while working in the office.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tired doing something similar last year. I had an extra 19" lcd monitor that I wanted to hook up to my Tivo. For $50 I bought a s-video to vga converter that actually worked ok. But since my monitor didn't have speakers, I had to add an extra set of "clunky" computer speakers, essentially losing the "cool" look. then on top of that, the remote couldn't control the volume. So while it "technically" worked, I ended up returning it and just getting a tv.

To me this is similar to those folks who say, "why get a tivo and a slingbox when you can just add a tuner card and use orb and blah blah blah..." Like someone already said, tv's are cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.