TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
UMF Catalyst
Cogitamus Ergo Sumus
24,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may very well be confused about this, so I'll just put that out there.

I was noticing that in reading threads, they were seeming more disjointed than usual to me. On a hunch, I unignored a couple folks and then the thread made sense with their posts added back in. What surprised me was that there was no button saying "Show ignored content", which I remember there having been before when some content was hidden away due to ignoring. It had been that seeing that let me know that posts were missing and then it'd make more sense.

I thought that button had been there post-upgrade, but that's where my memory may be failing me. Anyone else have a recollection about this?

·
wait.. I did what?
14,617 Posts
I don't have a lot of people ignored here, but I know on the verticalscope platform in other forums where I heavily ignore I will occasionally get the "show ignored content" banner, however 90% of the posts with ignored content will not show it.

·
Administrator
9,472 Posts
I don't ignore people but the placeholder was there back on vBulletin.

Users complained about it and wanted no sign of the people they were ignoring and would rather the thread have gaps.

Reactions: VSPlatform

·
Señor Member
80,704 Posts
I don't ignore people but the placeholder was there back on vBulletin.

Users complained about it and wanted no sign of the people they were ignoring and would rather the thread have gaps.
Two different things. VBilletin had a placeholder per ignored post. Each placeholder had a link to show that post.

Xenforo had a single link at the bottom indicating stuff was ignored. Posts were completely suppressed. Clicking it restored all ignored posts, which were otherwise invisible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts