TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year 24 had it's season premiere listed on TIVO as a single, 2-hour episode. A few hours before airtime, the listing was changed to 2 one-hour episodes. This caused many people to "miss" hour 2 (due to a duplicate recording message or because they padded the season pass). This may happen again this year, so be sure to check your TIVO listing just prior to start time. Alternatively, create a MANUAL recording for either 2 hours (or create 2 1-hour recordings).

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Considering there is also a football game on Fox in the late afternoon, it may be a good idea to pad 24 at the end as well if you are in the Eastern or Central time zones.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dang it. I forgot about the playoff game. OK. So I pad 24 by 3 hours..that should cover it. LOL.

Now, I usually pad Cold Case for an hour, but I won't have to do this on Sunday because no game on CBS.

So if everything goes good, I should get all of 24 no matter what, Cold Case, Law and Order and Grey's Anatomy, right? (I have a dual tuner directivo, btw)

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!

·
Wear Your Mask!
62,706 Posts
The game will run late. The 4th quarter just started.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the end record time? Right now it looks like the second episode will end at 10:15 but TiVo thinks it ends at 10. I set up the TiVo to record the news afterwards but is there a way to just extend the record times? Or should i just recrod everything in parts, export it, edit it on my PC then burn to DVD or whatever.

G

·
:( I tried to record the season premier to dvd but I screwed it up at the end and didn't title it/finalize it... something, it was my first attempt and I really messed it up... I have a whole group of people that are counting on this dvd... here's the deal, when I put the dvd into my pc and check properties on it I can see that the entire disc was used, it is full, no free space, but I can not access the recording...

2 questions,
1) does anyone know how to retrieve the data

2) did anyone record it to dvd and would you be willing to sell me a copy?

If you can help, please write me at freudisms @ yahoo - dot - com

Thanks

·
Jake & Adam's dad
1,126 Posts
AARGH! We didn't get home in time and I forgot to pad just in case. I had hoped to get home before 10 to see how late it started. Can anybody just send me either a file or a link with just the final fifteen minutes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
My wife padded, but we were in a hurry (went skiing) and she missed only padding 5 instead of 15, so we missed the last 3 or 4 mintues. That's worse than a cliffhanger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts